Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Potions of Extra/Ultra Healing

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5655 days, 10 hours, 1 minute and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 03:50 (GMT -5)

well, after a excursion with the newsgroup, i learned that it's considered fairly common knowledge that blessed PoE/UH boost max HP by a couple pts when drank at full HP...
anyways i'm considering researching exactly how much it boosts it by... anyone have a sug. as to how i would go about this? i.e. what race/class/level etc to use? or should i try with a couple and see what the variation (if any) is? also how many should I do? and should i just drink,drink,drink etc. or should i reload inbetween?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 6 hours, 41 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

Duplicate a couple thousand of each kind, b/u/c status, leave them in Terinyo, copy the level, and take different race/class combinations there. That's what I'd do, anyways. :D 'Course, I'm way too experienced at cheating...

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/26/2002 at 04:17 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 15:44 (GMT -5)

lol, i've cheated in the past. i'm pretty certain that u/c ones don't boost max HP.
next time i have too much free time i'll start working on this...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5822 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 21:34 (GMT -5)

Is it even worth it...? The gains are only about 3 hp and not many players would be willing to sacrifice a PoUH or PoEH for that.

However if you do decide to test it some ideas spring to mind. Cursed/Uncursed/Blessed variation testing is a must. Make sure you test the effects of having critically low hp, sickness and poisioning before drinking one too.

Perhaps a quick check if healing by the water orb and/or praying will give any extra hp, or even excessive use of spenseweeds, and potions of healing. And a check if it affects healing rates aswell. (If you're really keen you could test the healing effects from pools too - and any other way you can think of healing (perhaps prolonged use of vampiristic weapons))

Also it's somewhat hard to say how to go about testing it... testing is a somewhat iterative process requiring some part of testing understood before continuing to another.
Generally the best approach to start off with is a low level charactor (they're generally affected the most), and try the extremes of race/classes if you think they'll have an effect. Testing on trolls and non-trolls should be included because of the large effects there. Dark elf's without the healing skill have painfully slow healing so perhaps an effect there would be more noticable.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5758 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 27, 2002 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

I think blessed PoUH and PoEH sometimes boost max HP even if you're not at full HP when you drink them. The way it works in Nethack is that if a healing potion would put you above your max HP, then your max HP goes up - how much it goes up depends on the type of healing potion and its blessed/cursed status. Maybe it works in a similar way in ADOM? Try drinking a potion of healing (just healing) at full HP and see if your max HP goes up at all.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7754 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 27, 2002 at 07:36 (GMT -5)

Yeap you have a right Ekaterina. Blessed PoU and EH works exactly in this idea... It's recover 300~400 hp for PC and allways increase your max hp... Sometimes I observe this same efect (increase max hp) for blessed PoH... But it's work rare and it depended from your luck.

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 27, 2002 at 23:08 (GMT -5)

i know that drinking blessed PoEH drank when down more than 50 HP just puts you back to normal HP...
thanks for the input folks, next time i get a free hour (or 2) i'll start testing...
i know it's barely worth it, but sometimes someone will have *way* more PoE/UH than they need.

ivan.sourceforge.net

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: