Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Invisibility: a Good Thing

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3750 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

Picture this... level 14 troll, just got to the Banshee's lair. Watching carefully for fireball traps, for obvious reasons. Open a door... this is the biggest tension room I've ever seen! And it's filled with ghosts! Had it not been for the cloak of invisibility, that particular troll would have been older than your grandfather in about ten seconds flat...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5657 days, 9 hours, 43 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 at 23:21 (GMT -5)

older, and likely deader... although that could be hard considering both of mine are already upstairs.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7756 days, 22 hours, 37 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 06, 2002 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

Troll and invisibility is not a good idea, only for special actions. Last time I found tencion room with bees. Big hive and lots of bees in room... I was very confused when I found it:) And under dwarven town was vault with ant hive and lots of mixed monsters
Others tencion rooms with interesting monsters whenever I meet
Tencion room with blink dogs (summoning flood and only one corpse of BD and my PC, grey elven barbarian, was bloated because before it he ate a raw meet) and reiders
TR with cutpurses and giant lizards
TR with giant frogs
TR with pixies (lots of cash:))) and corpse fiends

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/6/2002 at 14:32 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3750 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 06, 2002 at 15:08 (GMT -5)

Oh, yes, I quite agree... trolls eat way too much for permanent invisibility to be feasible without a good food source! But if you've got Herbalism or some cooperative ratling traders, food is no problem. :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 06, 2002 at 21:53 (GMT -5)

intrins invis doesn't effect your eating habits, only invis from items does.

ivan.sourceforge.net
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7592 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 06:27 (GMT -5)

But being invisible all the time makes live sacs kinda hard. And I too have met an "interesting" tension room, at the ToEF; a TR of red dragons. That was fun ^_^

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Grim
Registered user
The undead

Last page view:

7515 days, 22 hours, 13 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

Is there any creaturs which can see you when your invisible. Because if not invisability seems a little powerfull.

Death is only the beginning
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

there are plenty, plus if you melee or cast bolt spells monsters know where you are.

ivan.sourceforge.net
FireNute
Registered user
THE ETERNAL FLAME

Last page view:

7982 days, 22 hours, 8 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

I don't know? But like MangaFox said it makes it really hard to sac. Also it can cause other problems with how much trolls eat.

Know your friends well, know your enemies better.
-ragnof fre sendquvich
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

Drink potions of visibility;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7351 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 14:30 (GMT -5)

Duke, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think if you are invisible and cast bolts monsters won't find you. I've tested it and I noticed that Burning hands and ball spells will reveal you.

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7592 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

Bolt spells won't reveal you to the monsters...this has been tested many times in the bugville area ^_^

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 19:23 (GMT -5)

huh? then i was an idiot and its no wonder my recent necro died... i thought i read somewhere it was the other way around... must have remembered wrong.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7338 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2002 at 20:52 (GMT -5)

Generally I find that just casting darkness is better than invisibility...especially in dragon-infested areas to lower damage and equipment destruction...;)

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 07:44 (GMT -5)

Bug Vilage and ToEF and vaults and tencione rooms
If you cast bolt spells, shooting with bow crossbow and fight in melee on invis monsters weren't notice you.... But if you shoot or fight in melee (backstabing) and if you don't kill atacking monster in one hit monster will fight with you... Ofkorse if this monster don't see a invisibility

Requin
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 at 05:23 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I had a Red dragon vault also. There was a artifact guardian in the room also. red wyrm with a name. Ancient red dragon are worth of 30k points. And there were lot of ancient red dragons. :). I think I was in level 31, when I entered the vault, And when I was finished, I was at level 34:)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: