Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Best possible companion

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7343 days, 1 hour, 58 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 15:15 (GMT -5)

What sort of companion would be the strongest overall to have? Whether attained with necromancy or whatnot... I'm thinking a quickling king shadow lord or skeletal warrior...perhaps a Solar?

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 17:04 (GMT -5)

i sure enjoyed the stone grue i got once in DH:2, was useful for quite a while. but i got tired of it, and decided chaotic isn't so bad, so i killed it. got lots of XP from it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
p_ouji
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 at 07:40 (GMT -5)

Balor companion on D:50
had it fight everything for me and
got it to extremely experienced.
Unfortunately I accidentaly shot it
while trying to weaken another Balor so I
had to teleport it away, close the gates, and
escape. It was very strong
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

Right now I have a Greater Earth Elemental pet and got it to highly experienced. It's regenerating abilities are really great and it so far killed steel golems, kherab, moloch, nonnak and griff bloodax, and rehetep, not mentioning all the less important pieces of crap. It forced Snake from Beyond to escape, and now I can't find the Orb :))
Can anyone tell me if the Banshee's vail can kill Greater Earth Elemental?

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7761 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

He is a construct.... Undeads have immuny to Banshe vail (Andor Drakon to:)) Propability your elemental should have to immuny....
Try zap/read wand/scroll of item detection to find Orb or monster detection to find and kill all Orb captures;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 at 10:37 (GMT -5)

The snake was still alive and was hiding somewhere and it almost caught me off guard. Fortunately I was quick enough to hide behind my companion, who killed the snake. My next problem is "how to make an elemental cross the river". Earth elementals can't swim :( and I don't have frost bolt (lvl 16 archer). I think I'll try WoTeleport.

p_ouji
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 at 17:12 (GMT -5)

FrostBolt/Ball
WoFrost
Earthquake
Teleport (book or wand from bugville)

I used these methods to lure the Banshee
to the Blue Dragon Caves. What a haul!
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5828 days, 21 hours, 3 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 at 01:45 (GMT -5)

I just had a nice emperor lich summoned in the palace of andor drakon. Although he didn't directly do any damage he summoned some nasties that got him from seriously to critical when i teleportised away confused.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Edalbrevlis
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2002 at 01:30 (GMT -5)

An emporer lich is nice, as not only are they summoners, but they heal themselves when they attack, and cast various other offensive spells.
I got one off of a scroll of familiar summoning in DH my first time through with that character.

I got as far as the water temple, he killed practically everything on the level, then when he couldn't swim accross he got pissed at me when i was inside.

Vasa. L19 dwarven fighter (f). 683266 xps. 42116 turns. Died on 8/13/2002.
She was extinguished by Jimmy, the emporer lich on level 19 of the caverns of chaos.

I also had fairly decent luck with living walls, theyre tough, and their special attacks are rather useful, especially if you are a meleer.
Revalos
Registered user
Spoiler Avoider

Last page view:

7594 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Heh...I got a Mimic hivemind off a Blessed SoFS, named him Satan...it was unstoppable, till it got pissed off and paralyzed and killed me. I'll have to find the high score file with it.
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7708 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

I got an Ancient Karmic Dragon from a Scroll of Familiar Summoning in the Sinister Library, he was nice but got killed by Kherab.
I also got a Chaos Warlord (from same method above) in the Library. He was better than the dragon, especially with his regenerating ability.
You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 23, 2002 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

As a bard I tamed a giant boar - great companion as it had a speed of 200 from the beginning. If I remember right he would do 50-200 damage, and aobviously get a number if hits on slower monsters.

Obviously it didn't have any special abilities, and took most of the experience so I had a nightmare when I was having to go to places by myself (tower of eternal flame, for example)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: