Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Beastfighter vs Monk

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 17:02 (GMT -5)

Recently been taking a look at these classes. It seems to me that monks get better unarmed damage capabilities more quickly, get much better abilities (i.e. increased speed, being able to break stone with a kick), and suffer lesser penalties from using weapons. A beastfighter gains some things that are easily gained elsewhere (like poison resistance or herbalism)

Assuming that one does not play a beastfighter simply for more of a challenge, is there ANY reason one would pick beastfighter over monk?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 21:07 (GMT -5)

They start out stronger and tougher, generally.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7760 days, 16 hours and 9 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

Monk is the best. Yeah I know he never should be burdened. They have lots of problem, but on 32 level they get instat kill score. And it's work when you fight with weapon. It's maybe some kind of bug.... But monk knows where he should hit to kill.... What a difference legs, arms or something heavy;)
And at last petrification didn't work on extremaly experienced monsters. On 1500 level ID My necro could petrificate only rats and bats, the rest is immunity. I get 2048 level of ID, and they was exit in down. My PC die a lots of time, and he will die more in this voyager to infinity

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6076 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 at 09:51 (GMT -5)

IMO there are no more then 65535 levels down... %))

differently yours

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: