Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Great, just killed a cat...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

7902 days, 5 hours, 55 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

Well my promising level 6 hurthling thief, High dex (23) and high int (20) (for being level 6) just went and killed a cat in the dark, well more or less when he stepped out of it. So much for the Ring of the Cat lords. What do you guys think? Does killing all the cats you meet and detouring all the annoyances they cause out-balance the great ring? I'm not sure anymore...
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6941 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 15:40 (GMT -5)

Better don't try that... I read somewhere that cat lord is getting more and more powerful with every feline you kill. But you can always stun it :).

Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 17:36 (GMT -5)

Well, with the advent of the Bugville, dex and speed bonuses are not nearly as important. Moreover, deathraying the cat lord's worth a LOT of xp if you constantly kill cats.
Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 21:16 (GMT -5)

Well my char bit the big one anyways. A Dark Elven warlord had something to do with that. Maybe I'll test the feline theory of the Lord getting stronger each time. Wish for a pack of cats, anyone?
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 21:35 (GMT -5)

Yar once you've killed your first cat... kill as many as you can find (wilderness encounters, the ones locked behind doors), the stronger the cat lord is the more experience he gives, he's vunerable to death ray (as Gyr pointed out) however it can sometimes require more then one shot.

If you cast slow monster on yourself while killing him you can get even more. Greatest i've got is about 3 levels ~ 1mil xp. Since these are at a high level it's very handy indeed.

You can't really wish for a pack of cats, you can wish for one... or spellbooks of summon monster... or black wizards might be able to summon them (or other summoners - i once had a balor summon them when i had the ring)

A good approach to obtaining the ring of the master cat is to avoid as many of the permanent dungeons as possible that cats would load in. Stay in the ID until high enough level (getting AMW and ankh along the way), where once you're off a level with a cat it's gone for good.

The minimum requirement is finishing the portal quest, obtain RotHK, bee wax/PoD, fire orb.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6941 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 at 01:35 (GMT -5)

I reached the cat lord only once (hurthling archer) and that bastard almost killed my char. Luckily I tried the wand of stunning. It bounced and hit us both several times, but I had resistance. It stagerred, and I slinged it to death :). So remember, always stun the cat lord, than you can cast Slow Monster and finish him.

Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 at 01:37 (GMT -5)

I've killed him before, I just plowed over him with my troll wizard. I was just wondering if he gets stronger with the more cats you kill or not. I didn't test him there, that was just my hack and slash game...
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7570 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 at 04:36 (GMT -5)

I have never tried to get that ring, it is not worth the trouble IMHO. I always gain at least 2 levels, thanks to that cat lord, and I have never died while killing it. I think the character that had most trouble with it was my gnome warrior. (Wierd) I learned the hard way that cat had strong melee...

Bug-lover since 1.0.0

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: