Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Chaotic to Neutral Early Game

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

7923 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 at 18:30 (GMT -5)

I've decided to use a Necromancer and actually try to see how far I can get with him, and I'll do it repeatedly until I get somewhere. I was wondering how I could go from Chaotic to Neutral, or just the bare minimum to get the Healing Skill. Is necromancy a skill which drags you into Chaotic? I know the little girl's quest will bring you up a bit, but will the zombies slaughter the dog? Anyone else know?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 13 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 at 20:15 (GMT -5)

If you find a newtral or lawfull altar somewhere it's easy, just offer 5 gold at a time, after about 100 gp you should be newtral...

Another easy trick is to feed cooked lizards, fried bats and what not to beggars. Preferably while wearing the amulet of order the sheriff give you after you kill the crime lord (wich also is lawfull btw.).

Heck as a last resort you can simply walk around for a while with the amulet of law on (keep an eye on your HP though). Also if you wear it while saving the carpenter and then when you talk to the elder afterwards you'll get a deacent law boost out of the carpenter quest too...

And don't worry, the dog will be tame when (if) you find it, your slaves won't touch it.

Using Necromancy is chaotic yes, but it's not a skill you are likely to use that much, so it's not a major problem unless you are balancing between two alignments at the time (it's not much worse than using pick pocket anyway).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2002 at 15:30 (GMT -5)

Actually (I've only tried this a couple times) a neutral necromancer seems like a good idea. You can use Necromancy while still avoiding the downfalls of chaotic alignment.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7591 days, 22 hours, 44 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2002 at 01:15 (GMT -5)

I have always found it very hard to keep characters neutral, they become lawful so easily...how do you do it?

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2002 at 18:44 (GMT -5)

Kill a beggar every once in a while.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

7923 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 22, 2002 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

I'll give it a try, I think first off I'll save the puppy, then I'll gain the amulet from the sheriff, save the carpenter and by then I should be Neutral or N+. I just need to get N to get healing though.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: