Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Greater Undead Vaults

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

Does anyone have any tips on clearing out a Greater Undead vault with a fighter type (Dwarven Weaponsmith)? My main worry is the emperor liches, who keep managing to confuse me despite my helm of mental stability, and have drained my stats a couple of times already.

I'm thinking it's best to hang back and kill them from afar. I don't have many useful spells - I've had some success with holding the Water Orb and casting Fireball, but it may run out before I kill them all. Undead slaying ammo seems to help too, but every now and then I see the annoying message "The emperor lich invokes an incantation! The emperor lich heals his wounds." and all my hard work shooting at him is wasted.

(Oh, and how much ageing can I take before it starts to have an effect? I was a bit worried when a ghost lord aged me by 32 years in one attack.)
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 06:25 (GMT -5)

High willpower. Even if you're not casting ball spells, it will help you resist confusion. Or better yet get a ring of mental stability.

Blessed wands of fire and fireball are good. Liches are vulnerable to them.

But, as you already know: This Is Very Dangerous. Greater undead are not things to mess with lightly. Retreat if things start to look even a little bit sticky. Which reminds me of another requirement: Multiple sources of the Teleport spell, and of course teleport control.

Anybody know the stats for aging--as in how much it takes for aging to kill?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7761 days, 6 hours, 11 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 08:44 (GMT -5)

Level of your dwarven, the best weapon, and stuff. Drink potions of boost speed and potions of boost wilpower to increase your resistance. Use wands of door creation to close area and to izolation EL, small location to summom. Try cast slow to EL, cast webs... When you confused change tactic to coward and whipe your face, your willpower must be realy great. Good idea is invisibility. Lichs can see invis, but lots of summon monsters no;) Be careful not to hit a cats. The best weapon Sting and Needle. Archer is very deadly with Sun's Mesenger and unering arows.
Greater undeats valt it's not a chelenge it's a problem how to survive. If you not stronge live it and back when you will more powerfull. IMHO this vault is more dangerous than vaults with karmics [I never found that vault but I get 5 (2 necros, wizard, mindcrafter and archer. Necro are more powerfull in contacts with undeads) vaults with greater undeads and always I do everything to be sure that I'm ready to make it]

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 at 04:19 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the help! I made it through the first greater undead vault, mostly by shooting the emperor liches with undead slaying ammo, and am now dealing with a second one. Having done the Bug Temple, I had a wand of fireballs (100 charges) which has proved really handy in clearing out the hordes of monsters. It even produces huge fireballs just like the spell would (my Wi is currently 39, or 49 with the Water Orb -> fireballs of diameter 6). It also destroys some of the loot, but that seems unavoidable.

What effect does blessing the wand of fireballs have, BTW? I've just been using an uncursed wand.

Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6077 days, 1 hour, 40 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

i guess the damage dice maximised (or perhaps no effect ;) ).
due to manual:
Diameter: M{2, W / 8}
Damage: M{3, L / 4 + 2}d6 + L + E
'M' in this case not Mana but Maximum
L - level
E - effectivness

differently yours

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the