Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / I killed Shyssiryxius

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Kat (Ekaterin)
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 07:15 (GMT -5)

Alvin the Dwarven Weaponsmith (the same one who's now facing a greater undead vault) killed Blup's mum earlier in the game. It was the first time I've ever done this, and I feel rather guilty about it, because I simply read a scroll of darkness, flew into a berserk rage, and hit her until she died. I'd been expecting her to flee, as she did the last time I tried this strategy. Since she dropped an RoDS when she died, I don't feel quite as bad about it as I would otherwise, although I think Khelavaster would be annoyed if he knew of the evil act I committed for his amulet of life saving.

Can I safely return to Terinyo now, or am I "wanted" for the cold-blooded murder of Blup's mum? I'd guess that I'll be safe as long as I don't talk to Blup, and maybe not to the sheriff either (he sometimes asks you to find Blup's mum).

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/18/2002 at 07:19 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6071 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

Yes you can..
you can even told Blup that you find his mother and he would be happy.. I don't actualy know will you recive a Tridend as a reward.. When i killed Shyssiryxius i've already told Blub about her and then after a very long time water elemental brought me the Tridend..

differently yours
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7702 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 14:53 (GMT -5)

The only ill effect from killing her is not receiving the runed trident reward. Speak to her, then talk to Blup, then you can kill her and still recieve the trident, which is a pretty decent weapon (and great for training pole arms skill for when you get the TotRR, if you go for it.)
You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
C
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2002 at 18:03 (GMT -5)

Baby blurp once said to my necromance Arsenic,
QUOTE Blurp (whatever) looks at you with distrust "YE ART A MOMMY KILLER." "ME KILL YOU TOO!" Arsenic already had gotten the trident of the Red Rooster and the runed trident, then after that she killed Blurp's mother.
PS: Female characters get the frog prince quest at level 40!
PSS: Arsenic won the UCE
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5759 days, 1 hour, 58 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 at 06:32 (GMT -5)

Yesterday Blup's mum killed my orcish assassin. It served me right really... I read the scroll of darkness and attacked, she fled, and rather than being sensible and just letting her go, I tried to engage her in honourable combat and she killed me in no time.

I wonder whether elemental magic works in her cave? E.g. does fire just fizzle out because of all the water? Does acid get diluted so much that it doesn't do any damage?
C
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 at 12:36 (GMT -5)

You can use elemental spells, in 16 I'm not sure about 1.0, in the cave, nothing happens, Blurp's mother, is immune to everything execpt Acid and lightinging and magic missile.
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7047 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 04:03 (GMT -5)

I'm always on level 50 when I kill her, so its not a problem to hack her in melee, even with elementalist. Sting and Needle helps of course...

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6286 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

One time I got her at lvl 26!
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7304 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 08:14 (GMT -5)

There is something seriously wrong with you sick poeple killing Blup's mom. For a start, what did she do wrong? Why would you want to kill such a beautiful creature (apart from the treasure)? And what about poor Blup??
I hope you have a hard time sleeping at night, I really do...

LS
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 09:12 (GMT -5)

Beutiful? A cyan "D" is beutiful? ;P
For the xps, for the tresure (if there is anything valuble) and for the RoDS the dragon turtle dropped :) (just once thou)
Low lvl chars with a waterproof blanket, a scroll of darkness and a decent weapon (na irony - i usually kill her with her own trident) kill her for a few levels.
But if i don't need the xps i don't kill her.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7304 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

Read the description of the dragon Maelstorm, the cyan D is just a to represent the creatures position - the actual dragon itself is not just any dragon you'd meet in the dungons.
Come to think of it Maelstorm, why would you kill Khelevester either?
Hmmm, seems like curruption might get the better of you...

LS
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

Killed Khelevaster only twice - once for fun (that was one evil char :]) and the second time while a True Berserker chalange i pressed the wrong button and read that text... and a wish for AoLS was wasted!
I know - just when i kill her i don't read the description, just keep pushing one button until i level up. And i'm not corrrupted nor evil, just chaotic (i do what is the best for me :D).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 18:47 (GMT -5)

I just do that if I have either a. a C- char or b. a char who needs xp. The cyran color is nice, but the char doesn't seem to care.
Mewto
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 at 05:33 (GMT -5)

now, I tried to kill the big mamma, with my lv 29 elementalist and I used burning hands.It said that it couldn,t penetrate. How is this possible!?
Effectivety is 32.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7755 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

Probably high PV of this creature

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 at 20:50 (GMT -5)

Its the water! I cheated and put 'Big momma' out of water, and it worked, or did it, don't listen to me I've had a REALLY bad wk.
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 18:17 (GMT -5)

I have plans to (this time) get one evil char to kill "Big Momma" on lvl. 27!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: