Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / ADOM mod for NWN

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

feilos
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 at 22:00 (GMT -5)

anybody out there playing Neverwinter Nights?
it's a 3rd Gen. AD&D, Baldur's Gate-type game...
I'm making an ADOM MOD for it and would like some help....maybe a group idea...plan? Thomas Biskup always wanted to make a game like this converted into a diablo-type graphics...I gotten some ideas and characters already...please contact me if you can help at feilox@yahoo.com

I need help on:
1) A mod'der who can help make the maps for ADOM in NWN toolset.
2) A scripter, or a person who has a text file of descriptions, quest sentences, npc dialogues etc...
3) A NWN Gamer who like to do mods.

If you don't have the game I can help you 2, if you would like to contribute or give me advice I am all ears. I will include a website so you all can track my progress.
feilos
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

hi everybody, I've finally got a website up for this task, can't seem to find the time to ask people on NWN forums or ADOM if anybody can help me make a MOD. Anyway here's the website...
http://www.geocities.com/feilox/adom
Portrait
RunnerLord
Registered user

Last page view:

7010 days, 9 hours, 18 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

would you be using any of the expansions for NW? or just the original?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 13 hours, 53 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 at 09:05 (GMT -5)

Well my thoughts on a couple of those scripts mentioned:

Creature killed log script
Not a problem to make a script that will record kills, you just have to make the monsters aware of "what" they are. I can whip up and example for you.

first creature killed script
Again easy to do with a variation of the first script.

Training script
Well you can record hits made or dammage dealth and award XP based on some formula taking various monster stats into acount... ADOM's skill system doesn't translate very well to the NWN system though...

Drawventown elder script
You can make pattern listening scripts that respond to "chat" messages, so yes that can be done.

Chaos intrinsic effect
Now this would be real tricky, you can't dynamicaly change he skills/feats or abilities a player has. You can do some work arounds by giving the playing some "creature items" (hide, claws etc) wich various abiliteis so bonus items, poison touch etc can be done after a fashon (except poison work completely different in NWN). Working out a way to slowly corupt the player would be the hard part though...

Random Cavern Map script
That's just plain impossible. The best you can do is create a huge selection of maps and then make the exit script pick a random map to use for the next level (excluding the ones you have already visisted).

Multiple henchmen
Nope, if you use the latest expantion you can have 2 henchment + a familiar and a summoned monster I think, but only the henchmen have inventory... HOWEVER you can script any number of monsters to be "allies" of the player and follow him around, wich is more in line with the ADOM system anyway, you can controll them with custom conversations, though that won't work in combat. Could probably implement some basic pattern listening tough, so if you chat "attack" the'll find the nearest enemy and such...

I'll see if I can find the time to make a couple of scripts for you.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Nezur lurking
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 14:55 (GMT -5)

> Random Cavern Map script
> That's just plain impossible. The best you can do is create a huge selection of > maps and then make the exit script pick a random map to use for the next > level (excluding the ones you have already visisted).

It's not impossible. :P

There's now a premium (paid) mod available which features a randomly generated dungeon.

Also it seems that I'm not able log in. It tells me that my user name/password is incorrect.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4039 days, 19 hours, 46 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 at 08:39 (GMT -5)

Wow. Resurrected a three and a half year old thread. :O
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Hendar23
Registered user

Last page view:

5628 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

The dead....live!
"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work" - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: