Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Announcements / Regarding the HOF downtime

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 5 hours, 17 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2001 at 09:37 (GMT -5)

Grrr... It seems they just "upgraded" the database driver for Permium members to a new and improved version that is not compatable with my old Access 97 database.

I'll download the darn thing and get it upgraded to Access 2000, hopefully things schould be working again by tomorow...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2001 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

Ok the database is upgraded but now I'm running out of memmory!

Eventualy I'll have to redo much of the HoF because some of the code is years old and written while I was still learning ASP, but I was hoping I could upgrade it bit by bit when I got the time, and not be forced to optimize it all at once just to get it to work.

*Sigh* I think I'll wait and see what the support guys have to say about this, it sucks if the premium server turns out to have less memmory than the free one...

In the meantime if you run into problems you'll just have to be patient, I'm working on it.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 11, 2001 at 02:18 (GMT -5)

Well, aparently there was some bugg on the server, it schould be resolved now.

At least everything seems to be working ok :)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

This forum is limited to administrators and moderators, regular users are prohibited from posting messages here.