Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Saving your game 4 good :))

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

12 hours, 6 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 at 14:57 (GMT -5)

FYI: When I was talking about babelfish I mean:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

You can use it to translate stuff. The translation is rough and usualy has horrible grammar, but you can usualy make out enough to figure out what is written.

As for babel haveing no translation that is not suprising. Babel is simply an old name for the city known as Babylon.

It's connection to language have to do with the old christian/Jewish myth about the Tower of Babel, where the storry goes that God cursed the then unified human race with different languages in order to twart theyr project of building a tower that would reach into heaven...
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Asdas
Registered user

Last page view:

6749 days, 12 hours, 6 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 at 15:36 (GMT -5)

Side note: You'd also know it if you've read the Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy.
Maniac
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

Jan, please answer question, given by Nchurmdaz - who give you information about russian forum? Don't ignore it's really important.
Evil Cactus
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 at 09:11 (GMT -5)

Traitor must be nailed!
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

12 hours, 6 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 at 00:01 (GMT -5)

Sorry, but with all due respect that's between me and the person who contacted me.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Maniac
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 07:17 (GMT -5)

Maiby it's your regular spy? :) Can we simply talk with him? 'cause it's not ordinary situation we must at least speak with this "shady person". What are you afraid of?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

Oh, honestly... does everything always have to be known to everybody? If Jan doesn't want to tell, then Jan doesn't have to tell. I figure if everything goes public, there could be a flame war, and I also figure I don't want to spend an hour a day deleting flameish posts.

So, yeah, be nice to a lazy mod and don't annoy each other, please. Thanks.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2005 at 08:21 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Maniac
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 09:52 (GMT -5)

Iridia, U simply can't understand, how this is important 4 us. And I'm afraid, this willn't stop 'till question about this spy will be solved. As I tell earlier it is outstanding situation. I don't mean "everything always have to be known to everybody", but THIS must be.
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1885 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 15:00 (GMT -5)

I agree that 1200 saves is a little strange...however, I have had some characters that have hundreds of saves. I play a few times a day for short periods. It is not unusual for me to play 5-10 short sessions in a day, with a total play time of 30 mins to an hour.

I play cautiously and enjoy searching all aspects of the game...I think that it would not be unreasonable for me to actually have a character with 1200+ saves.

I think you should take the "save-count red-flag indicator" with a grain of salt.

I might be the next to post a character with 1000 saves :-)

just my two cents!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2005 at 15:00 (GMT -5) by Naiyor]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

Too much flame potential here. If you want to contact Jan about this, e-mail him please...
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Go to page 1 2

This thread have been closed, no new messages can be posted here.