Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / error 192

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Crystal
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 at 02:39 (GMT -5)

I think I'm going insane because of this error 192 (could be wrong about that number but I think it's 192). ADOM was dying on me constantly, to the point where I couldn't even play because it would just have the error screen come up and shut down after only a few minutes of play. I had to assume the fetal position for a few months and attempt to stave off the adom-withdrawals but eventually my friend installed some little program to make my computer believe ADOM was a windows program and now it only seems to crash when I have a really promising character.. usually around level 9 or 10. I'm frustrated. Does anyone have any insight about what the hell is going on and how to fix it? I'm going to have a look around this forum and maybe I'll find an answer but in the meantime.. any help appreciated.
Crystal
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

or perhaps it's 291.

Either way.. I've tried to save so I can backup my game but it always crashes as soon as I try to save. My boyfriend plays on the same computer and saves all the time and he does not have this problem. The only difference seems to be that he plays in a mini screen and I make mine full size.

Bah.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 at 21:11 (GMT -5)

I've noticed that 291 only happens when the character drops large amounts of items. Perhaps you tend to do this, and he doesn't?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
M Christian
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

Do you have the g15 (i think) version? In that case you should just update it, I've only come across that bug in that particular v, and only in the blue dragon caves when one dragon tried to carry too much. Not much fun considering how long it takes to get there... :)
Crystal
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 at 18:08 (GMT -5)

I tend to pick up a lot of items and sell them in Lawilenothl (sp?). That could be the cause. I'm trying to play in a the window screen and not full screen which seems to help although it's irritating. I think I have the newesr version but I'll have to check on that.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: