Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM 1.1.0 IS OUT

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7766 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 08:16 (GMT -5)

Troll Monk in Infinity dungeon after poisoning by pit vipers, he didn't get any demage after mesage "You feel poison cursing in your veins".... But hmmm maybe it was just adding high hitpoints regeneration and healing skill? Or poison in new adom is weak, medium, strong and lethal?;)
Mummies (a specialy greater) have a special atack sicknesing it was in old version adom to

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6972 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 09:37 (GMT -5)

And sickness HAS effect - I checked (or maybe a greater mummy checked it on me :)) but got !oUH, so luckily my first char in this game is still alive.

Tiv
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

Can i wish for talent?
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7057 days, 22 hours, 35 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 00:50 (GMT -5)

About that talent bug...

In theory if you're playing a char who can take 3 talents when he/she gets them you cant play the came through. Cause he have to take all the talents and when he/she gets the Skilled, the game crashes. Really nice isnt it? :D

Someone should report from that bug to Thomas that he can make new version without that evil bug.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 03:46 (GMT -5)

Merchant hurtling or gnom (gnom is better) born in Candle or Falcon can make ultra rich combo:
a) Boon from family
b) wealthy
c) very wealthy
d) filty rich
if he can choose 5 talent he should take Heiry
And he get on start 200000$ and beutifull lether armor of carring (He is Streined!)... If he has only 4 talents he has 200000$ and overburded... I trying make crushed hurtling, but hurtlings get only 170000$. Gnoms like gold;)
Lots of cash easy to get precrowning, or bying artifact from Barnababa shop or in Waldenbruk shop.... It's rare case, but sometimes I found in his shop artifacts low level PC! I found tiwns time Long Sting, Wyrmlance and Whirlwind. Other good stuff founded in this shops are : seven leage boots, phase daggers, AoLS or RoDS. I know it's rare cases, but this cash is very good for casters when you found books shop. But casters never lift that cash (on first level)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/14/2002 at 03:51 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7314 days, 18 hours, 38 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

What does AoLS and RoDS stand for?

LS
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 07:12 (GMT -5)

Amulet of life saving(yes this is what my keyboard couldn't spell) and ring of djinni summoning, respectively.
And Tanthalas, you can only take the skilled talent when you start the game.

edit: my keyboard can't spell
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/14/2002 at 07:57 (GMT -5) by J.]
Junnu
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 07:45 (GMT -5)

um ... AoLS means amulet of life saving, I think.

Sounds like I stick to version 1
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

15 hours, 26 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 09:23 (GMT -5)

Actualy I'm suspecting there is someting wrong with the dammage dealing code...

Someone else reported a simmilar situation to my drowning one (character didn't take dammage even if he got the "you are drowning" message. Yet characteres most defenently CAN drown...

A lot of people are reporting that poison and bleeding doesn't have any effect. Yet other characrers die from poison and bleeding.

Some people report that beeng sick have no effect, yet other people get weakened or die from sicknes...

Anyone see a pattern here?

Seems to me that some random factor for some reason seems to make some characters invulnerable to "secondary" dammage effects.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
calvin
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

is there any way to look at what talents you have?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

15 hours, 26 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 21:54 (GMT -5)

Think it's supposed to be Alt + t (check the command list), but I hear the Alt + <foo> commands don't work in 1.1.0 for the DOS verson...

So if you want to check your talents you'll have to re-asign the command by editing the adom.kbd file...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6365 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 23:37 (GMT -5)

It's alt+J. At least, that's how mine works.
TRB115
Registered user

Last page view:

7835 days, 22 hours, 46 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 13:26 (GMT -5)

It seems odd that there are so many bugs in ADOM 1.1.0, seeing as TB spent so long trying to work out all the bugs. On the other hand, the talents seemed to have beem thrown in at the last second, so bugs with those aren't too surprising I guess. I've haven't played much of it, due to the fact that it's a pain to run with a laptop keyboard (I.E. No numpad.)

No one touches my Princess!!
LIGHT WARRIORS??
You impertinent fools.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!!

- Garland in US version of FF1
Junnu
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 07:01 (GMT -5)

Just one bug more ... :)

Have you visited Minstrel yet? He has new songs, and one of them is too long for the screen. So it is divided to four parts and the game asks you to press spacebar between each one. Too bad it shows only the first line of each page after the first.

The new songs are cool, by the way.
calvin
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 14:56 (GMT -5)

i found a regeneration bug, i have the sapphire amulet "presever" that grants regeneration, but when i take it off i still have regeneration and am wearing no other regeneration items.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 at 03:55 (GMT -5)

There is something strange with druids and spellbooks. Druid (human druid in Infinity) in 1.1.0 finding more spellbooks than wizard!!! Withs this druid can be the most powerfull clas in game

Your grandfather
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

RoDS stands for Rod Stewart. And if you don't have the original single pressing of 'Sailing', well I am simply not talking to you! Because I am so upset with you.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: