Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Tip

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Damon
Registered user

Last page view:

7737 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 04:36 (GMT -5)

When you a young hero looking for adeventure and probably below level 12. Here's a nice tip!

STAY AWAY FROM PARALYZING CREATURES!!!!

They are not worth even fighting, the number of heroes I have lost from being paralyzed is horrible. Even when you have full health, as soon as you get paralyzed all you can do is watch it all being drained! Do your character a favour and run away and return only when you stronger or can take them down by ranged attacks.

Okay I'm done now...

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1656 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

We heard you the first time man .)
Portrait
Damon
Registered user

Last page view:

7737 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

Cool, just needed to emphazise it since I just lost a kick ass bard at level 11 in the dwarven dungoen.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1656 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 10:34 (GMT -5)

oh.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7186 days, 13 hours, 1 minute and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

hmm... i just lost my best char ever, i even scummed save only once, when found out a bug (which turned out to be not a bug:( ). Ogre magus in DTown ogre cave :( Thought i was cool. Here's another tip:

YOU ALWAYS SUCK!

I lost very many chars because i thought that they rule... But i agree with Damon, paralyzing creatures are the most dangerous

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Chaco The Taco Man
Registered user
The Rebel

Last page view:

7760 days, 32 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

I agree with Damon also. Lots of my chars had died that way
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7312 days, 23 hours, 53 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

I agree with Damon too, but sometimes I just get too cocky and think I could just stamp on that little carrion crawler, only to have it get a critical hit, pin me to the floor then feast upon my flesh.

LS
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

It also suck to have a mimic (hivemind) manage to trick you and splatter a high level char...

It's usualy easy to smoke them out, but once in a while if they generate in the big room or in a large vault where I tend to leave some junk lying around they can get the better of you if they pick a good disguise (a mimic maskerading as a pink sword in a previously explored area is asking for trouble though)...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/13/2002 at 13:56 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7056 days, 3 hours, 51 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

You really suck. :D If you play wizard or elementalist or something who can make spells there's no paralyzing prolbem. Just scorch them on coward or far away and there's no problem anymore...

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 05:24 (GMT -5)

sometimes it can happen tho...

Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7312 days, 23 hours, 53 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

Yes, not all of us have nice magic missiles and lightening bolts to hide behind.
High elven archers like myself however can rely upon cool handed sharp shooting with deadly poisoned griffin feathered arrows!
But for most close-combat warriors they need to rely upon the cold steel of their sword gripped tightly in their hand, their expression showing rage, yet the shield they hold bears the symbol of defense, will they risk fighting this little insect or should they run and fight anther day?

LS
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7764 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

Hmmm paralyzed? Thick gauntles can be helpfull in meele combat with gealtinus cube

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

7678 days, 4 hours, 43 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 06:02 (GMT -5)

Or the "paralyzation resistance" intristic or gained through an item. Go pools!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3757 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 01:18 (GMT -5)

I've noticed in 1.1.0 paralyzation seems to be much more serious than it used to be. Out of about fifteen characters, about ten have died after being paralyzed. And I've gotten paralyzed only twelve times... It's almost as deadly as running into a gorgon without petrification resistance! If only there were a guaranteed amulet of free action somewhere...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 42 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 06:32 (GMT -5)

It's just to make the early game more entertaining:) For me it's the most enjoyable part anyway. Might be the fact that I usually don't even get to the end game...
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 10:31 (GMT -5)

Thick gauntles (others to, but thick are the best) can only protect you before contact your naked skin with some stranges monster secretions. It's didn't give you resist, but only give you positiv modificator when game roll parallyzation from "physical contact"

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

I haven't had that bad experiences with paralyzation. A carrion crawler paralyzed me for one turn and a ghul paralyzed me for what I think only like ten turns or so since I had 8 undead surrounding me and didn't lose that many hp. Maybe it's toughness related or something since my char was a troll?

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

My one PC was killed by dark elven priestes, he hit and paralyzed my pc... After death I read this flood mesage. It was paralyz atack combo. My PC was paralyzed and paralyzed lots of time. He still loose 1-2 hitpoints,finally death.
Irydia Ancient mummy wraping is better than this amulet

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/21/2002 at 11:45 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3757 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 20:18 (GMT -5)

That could explain things... I've lately been fond of beastfighters and monks :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7711 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

I just lost my Lvl 14 Gnome Druid because he got hit by a mimic in a potion shop. 114HP down the drain. I think I was paralyzed for a 25 or so turns. Paralyzation definitly seems to be much more powerful this version.
BTW, Iridia: Monks are the best! Guess I'll go back to playing them...

You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

No way!! Gray elven Druids - can get even 27 le, what means 7 skills per lev!! They are also wonderful spellcasters!

Dekar
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 at 14:48 (GMT -5)

Dunno if it's new to 1.1.1 (or I'm just Really lucky), but I haven't lost any character to paralyzation in this version. (I stopped playing Adom about 6 months ago, and just re-installed it. I'm trying to find out how to get a neutral ending without it being ultra :) ).

Have a nice day, Later!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/28/2002 at 14:49 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Mocha
Registered user
"Oops...i'm doomed?"

Last page view:

7756 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

Yay! i agree that gray elven druids are greeeeeat! One thing though....how do u get confusion resistance? My level 42 druid gets confused by those darned master liches ( albeit briefly) and gets repeatedly attacked by barrages of glowing balls while the accursed lich heals itself happily. Makes them liches so hard to kill. plus with all the summonings. Thank goodness i have invisibility or i would have died a terrible death.

--"Blam BLAm BlAm...You've just hit urself to death...you die..."
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 03:58 (GMT -5)

Some artefacts have confusion resistance but wear ring/helm of mental stability or ring of the clear mind I think they help.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: