Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / artifact stories

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5665 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 20:03 (GMT -5)

hey, i just got an idea. actually its an old idea of mine, but i jsut started working on it and i got another idea.
anyways, i had decided to try to write some background-type-stuff on some of the artifacts. well, i started at the top of the list, with Nature's Companion. doing a one paragraph background on it created a character. so it popped into my head to write a sort of ledgend around him.
so thus, i've begun writing a story behind Nature's Companion and Nature's Friend.
anyways here's the idea i just came up with: the other artifacts need background too, and it would be very cool if all the artifacts had a ledgend behind them. but being as i'm already working on one, perhaps others could write some legends?
several characters are already made for legends, and one already has some background, so i'd recommend starting with them. those would be: Perion (of Perion's mithril plate mail), Aylas (of Aylas Holy Scarf), Alsophocus (of the Black Tome of Alsophocus), Brannalbin (of Branallbin's Cloak of Defence), Oman (of the Cloak of Oman) and Rolf (the easy one, of Rolf's Companion and Rolf's Savior). there are also all the other ones that could use ledgends.
anyways if you're gonna do this you should post in here claiming the artifacts you'll story up.

so here goes.. *g*
i claim Nature's Companion and Nature's Friend.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/15/2002 at 19:26 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7314 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

The black tome of Alsophocus

The darkest book in the most deepst depths of the sinister library of Niltras. Only Master Liches and Elder Necromancers were allowed to read such arcane dark texts.
The book itself was huge, it reaked of curruption and decay and the black covering seemed strong yet bleak and evil. The runes inside the tome were written in ancient Ancardian runes which only certain races could write in, most races had forgotten this language. Only highly literate people could otherwise translate the text within. The disturbing arcane runes were said to change your state physically, mentally and even spiritually towards the dark forces and grant formidable power.

The book came to be in the dark times. The undead would rome around freely with necromancers doing as they please. Before the first settlers came many powerful books were created but many were burnt when the ancient dwarves and holy slayers crushed the dark cult and many of the books were hidden away in a huge library to stop them being destroyed.
Since then many of the books have been scattered around the land. The darkest and most evil book The Black Tome of Alsophocus, was stolen from the library by other creatures of darkness to hope to attain the powers within. The book is now somewhere out there within the Draklore Chain. Liches, Necromancers and many other dark creatures of all kinds have been seaching for it ever since...

LS
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 19:24 (GMT -5)

come on, you can do better than that. Who (or what, or where) *was* Alsophocus? Why is the Black tome so powerful?

ivan.sourceforge.net
C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

I guess he was probably an extremly powerful necromancer or wizard, mayber their god(s) granted it to them, maybe they wanted to know the secrets of chaos, or he wanted (wished) for total knowledge in spells, and their gods granted it to them for a price... corruption.
Portrait
Chaco The Taco Man
Registered user
The Rebel

Last page view:

7761 days, 2 hours, 28 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 21:27 (GMT -5)

Hey I came up with one for the Crown of Chaos,
first there was this Chaos Overlord dude, he had this crown granted to him from his gods, for his chaotic deeds. He was in battle needs the stats so they gave it to him. So he dies, blah, blah, blah, C's client is a snooping adventurer so he comes across this becomes Ankon Drakon, with the trinity, then finds the trident, and gets his lil' friend Keethrax the chaos wyrm to guard the crown for him thinking, hey no one's going to challenge this thing!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/15/2002 at 21:28 (GMT -5) by Chaco The Taco Man]
calvin
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 23:46 (GMT -5)

ravage lukes story was awesome dude, lets see one of yours.
C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

What story, I wanted the people to finish that? You mean the series? Or what (just got up...)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 14:52 (GMT -5)

calvin:
i never said it was bad. i said he coudl do better.
you want to see soemthing i've written? look in the stories forum, under most of the threads in there. i am, after all, the moderator there.
i've also written several short stories.
and as for my story behind Nature's Friend and Nature's Companion, i have a 2 page outline written right now.

besides, i was trying to give luke some ideas on his story.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/16/2002 at 14:52 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Prickle(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

You can see our series at look under rate a series.
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7314 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 at 07:25 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, I was intending to leave it's true origins a mystery but if more of you think it wouldn't spoil it then I guess I could think of something sweet.

LS

Should Luke write more?
Yes  No
Check results

X
Registered user
Melcholic in Michigan

Last page view:

7760 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

Then write, C let me on the dev. team!

"Thank you for the lastest release of gradwrecker 1.0, my G.P.A. just went in the corner and shot itself!"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: