Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Poll

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gareth
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 10:44 (GMT -5)

Well...

Is Adom the best Rougelike game ever?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5834 days, 2 hours, 40 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 07:29 (GMT -5)

No, B.O.T.S ][ is better.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 4 hours, 38 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

Bots isn't a roguelike (but it is a great game though).
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5891 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 10:12 (GMT -5)

What's BOTS? I think I'll refrain from voting, since ADOM is the only roguelike I've ever played (The only other one I've ever heard of was something called Nethack, I think)
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 4 hours, 38 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

bots is a game where you build a robot and fight other bots with it http://www.bots2.net

As for roguelikes, there are many roguelikes out there, I haven't really tried many of them but the ones that spring to mind at this moment are ADoM, Nethack, Rogue (obviuosly), Zangband.
I know there are lots of more roguelikes out there, but someone that knows more about them than me can post them :)
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Seve
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 17:39 (GMT -5)

I've played many and none are as grand and über as ADOM! HEIL ADOM! BURN THE DEFIERS!
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

6514 days, 21 hours and 46 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

ADOM is the best by far. which is kinda sad. cause ADOM is not getting much work done on it anymore. I'd love to see the same engine with a different adventure.
You die...
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6131 days, 11 hours, 1 minute and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 21:28 (GMT -5)

Theres a rougelike called Ivan which is pretty funny> it has tile graphics>
bad points: you cant choose a class
good points> you have a total hp, and limb/body/head hp, limbs can be severed and used as clubs, and theres lots of amusing bits in it, but ive only played it a little bit.
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6200 days, 19 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 at 01:35 (GMT -5)

~~~ IVAN is fun for a laugh, but a bit lighthearted, if you dont count the morbid amount of ways to die:

http://www.geocities.com/ands_raio_mecha_designer/belowthebelt.png

Ouch. :o

~~~ Anyway, ADOM is definitely the best rpg/simulation roguelike. Hands down. Meaning it is an rpg first, with simulation elements.

~~~ But for a simulation/rpg roguelike, URW (UnReal World)is also the best. Hands down. I know many of you already know this game, but for those of you who don't here is the link to the homepage:

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html

You can get a demo there. The full game requires purchase, but trust me: it's worth it. I'm not just blowing wind here - I bought it. It really is the best game ever made... give it a try.

I post in the forums as Thoth, and I have actually taken a very active part in the community. I have written an (extremely) important winter survival guide and I have even devised an alternate graphics set, which the author has graciously hosted on the homepage! :)

~~~ So, I must decline the vote, only because I hold both games in equally high esteem. Basically, if I was stranded on a desert island with a laptop (named Wilson), and I had ADOM and URW, I'd be happy as long as the batteries lasted. :D

Cheers to the two best games ever made!
--<>||<>--

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/30/2005 at 01:37 (GMT -5) by Thoth]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: