Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Which race/class combination?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gareth
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 23, 2002 at 19:46 (GMT -5)

do you use right now?
Iīm playing a dwarfen monk, mainly because:

• monks donīt eat very much
  • donīt have to worry about finding/wishing for a certain weapon, because i fight bare-handed
  • Itīs nice to kick walls... too bad im only on LV 9 right now...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/23/2002 at 19:47 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 15 hours, 47 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 23, 2002 at 20:45 (GMT -5)

Try a trollish monk:

Trolls eat too much. Monks eat hardly anything at all. Result: Solution to the Troll food problem
Troll gods love rocks. Monks can kick walls, producing rocks. Result: A handy way to keep piety high.
High strength+fighting barehanded=one deadly character!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Gareth
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 23, 2002 at 20:48 (GMT -5)

Damn.. gotta try a trollish one later
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7185 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

Try a... guess what? Gray elven druid! Bet you know why haha

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7763 days, 8 hours, 1 minute and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 10:20 (GMT -5)

Drakeling monk is nice
Monk any secret... deadly warior
drakeling he can kill by spitting this monsters who can't be easly kiled by monk... And monk can survive with little food

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7710 days, 4 hours, 13 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

For a real humorous type character - try a Hurthling Monk! Talk about no food consumption! They are a bit of a challenge to keep alive early in the game, though...
I think I've used every race combination with the monk class (since it is the main class I use, surprise!), and I must go with the human monk as my favorite.

You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/26/2002 at 10:49 (GMT -5) by SuperLobster]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

Hurtlings have high toughtnes it's help monk dark elven is more fragile than hurtling, and hmmmm all hurtlings without archers have skiled throw rocks on level 4 (archers have 5) it's great help if you have some rocks;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5665 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 10:19 (GMT -5)

I'm playing a high elf priest, but I'm pretty disappointed with him, having only 29 learning in the beginning and all...
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Gareth
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 10:47 (GMT -5)

Lol my gray elven wizard has 28 learning and he is on ****** lvl 17, and he has some nice spellbooks stocked in the "outlaw" village that he is going to read when hes learning is a bit better, say around 35+...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/27/2002 at 10:47 (GMT -5) by its author]
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

7677 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

My gray elven wizard has serious troubles with finding 'practical' spellbooks. Spent 13 levels in the ID, and no burning hands or bolt spells. He uses ice ball (found two books of that, wanted to save one of them for later, but since it's the only practical combat spell he has he uses it all the time) for combat, or petrification. Needless to say this puts much stress on power points, which is good because it practices mana, but bad because tension rooms and vaults - which normally are boons to my wizards, since they get more kills per bolt - are trouble areas.

My high elven archer has problems with the Eternal Guardian. Her climbing set was destroyed by an acid trap.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 11:42 (GMT -5)

Hmmm once I have this same problem... Meybe you just try kill this guard it's possible, very hard but possible... One rule, you must fight with him face to face (he couldn't descent from stairs), and good thing is high piety (lots of prays). Humanoid slayer weapon/ammo is nice... Begun at cast slow on him. Try petrificated him or slay with death ray... I don't know nothing about his resists or immunities... I just kill him with assasin (Stab and dirty fight with emerald and bloody dagger)... Prety good fight and lots of exp... It's chaotic act killing him...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/27/2002 at 11:47 (GMT -5) by BM]
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

7677 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 12:04 (GMT -5)

Well, she's sort of a crowned champion of order...
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

hmmmmm if you are L+ you shouldn't change your aligment by you should begun fight with combat spell or better shoot by him with humanoid slaying ammo...

drset81
Registered user

Last page view:

7761 days, 4 hours, 18 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 at 11:17 (GMT -5)

A Hurthling Monk is quite good (mostly for his skills) if you can get good learning/stregnth scores. I'd give it a try.
Babacaman
Registered user
the Tropical ADOMer

Last page view:

7097 days, 18 hours, 59 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

well, High Elven archers are great, so are the monks.. but you should try a Dwarven Paladin
very strong, and with a little training in learning, he can turn into a great spellcaster..
and no, its not a problem for him to survive early because of low DV.. he starts with shields.. sometimes start with better DV than other chars... its one of the strongest combinations, in my opinion..
Drakelings would undoubtely be the best race, if it werent for the Tower and the speed problem.. but its not that bad.. they make great wizards..
i also like gnome elementalists..
orcish assassins are nice too..

Die, stupid Eternal Guardian, die!! ohhh!! no! ! two of them?? nooooooooo!!
Zaddiq
Registered user

Last page view:

6978 days, 18 hours, 34 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

for fun i like hurtherling necromancer. i can have an army of undead cooked in my pack.

zad
Illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 at 03:45 (GMT -5)

Recently i'm addicted with grey elven bard, answering the starting questions so as to improve the toughness, and then choosing "Charming", "Boom of the family" and "Heir" for talent to get the 7LB. A well balanced char can then be devloped, who is always be able to run away from all dangers as well.
Bard has a higher chance of encountering special items, therefore a nice set of equipment can be quickly found. Also, elven bard's ability to learn spells is comparable with normal wizard class, good missile skill because of the high dexterity....but poor in melee perhaps...

And lastly...my last char BlackWing died only because of FATAL ERROR 291 ...... >_<
Portrait
Mocha
Registered user
"Oops...i'm doomed?"

Last page view:

7755 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 02:16 (GMT -5)

I think gray elven druids are pretty cool......though it's hard to keep them alive early in the game. For one thing you are almost guaranteed to get the ring of the Master Cat cos you have this affinity for animals that make them like u a lot i.e. not attack u. and my char's life has been saved many times by luring enemies to say, lightning lizards for example. They do the killing for me.

--"Blam BLAm BlAm...You've just hit urself to death...you die..."
Jillian
Registered user
the High Elven Barbarian

Last page view:

7713 days, 4 hours, 48 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

I would say High Elven Barbarians *g*

Well, actually, they don't have the way-too-low To and Hp of Dark elves, while being able to read and having a good Dex.

Plus playing any monks will do wonders. Monks seriously could be considered the most powerful classes, up there with Wizard and Priest.

Personally, I like Archers, Barbarians and Beastfighters.

Oh, and Trollish Wizard is AMAZING! you get great hp, great melee, (almost) regeneration, and later in the game good spell-casting ability. Yeah mana is low and mana regeneration is slow, but you can cast spells with your hp and still cast tons of spell. (actually, casting from your health is more efficient than casting solely on pps.)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5665 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

But in 1.1.1 casting from your hp abuses your mana...

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Jillian
Registered user
the High Elven Barbarian

Last page view:

7713 days, 4 hours, 48 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 at 02:14 (GMT -5)

Man. that's harsh. Then I think many spellcasters besides maybe Gray and Dark elves would suffer at least a bit. And then it became so hard to play a trollish spellcaster..

they used to be cool. people know that.
Wolf
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 07:18 (GMT -5)

I've had most success with Drakeling Barbarians. Haven't won the game yet, but I had one reach D:50 (he got turned into a chaos mutant by a Balor - only ever got 1 SoCR :( ) and I have another going quite well now. (At lvl 15, just done the Dwarftown quests & pyramid, saved Khelly and about to go get water orb.) Both using a spear and shield for max DV.

Awesome St and To and the spit can be damn useful at times too. The 2x and 3x damage special attacks come in handy against high PVers like the Ancient Stone Beast too. :)

Only problem is ToeF... the time I got to D50 I was lucky enough to find Bracers of Regen so I was healing as fast as I was taking damage. :) Haven't found any regen gear with my current char yet though... :(

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: