Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / ToEF troubles

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

7676 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 10:20 (GMT -5)

I have a 21st level High Elven archer, went through Darkforge without problems. She has two blessed rings of ice in her pack. Entering the ToEF, two of her scrolls burst into flame immediately. So, I ask, aren't rings of ice supposed to protect the equipment in the pack?

Adom version 1.1.0, by the way.
Gareth
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

I dunno.. I use version 1.1.1
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 12:29 (GMT -5)

Arrrgh! W-E-A-R them. It's that easy, just Put them on your F..I..N..G..E..R ;)
(just got a little iritated, that's all, no offence met)

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 14:43 (GMT -5)

Ah. I had the impression that to protect the items in your pack they needed to be in mentioned pack. And that they had the ability to do this.

No problem with my worn items, they are all artifacts or of higher metals. Except the rings, which are covered by Ironfist, so I don't think they will go, eh?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/24/2002 at 14:43 (GMT -5) by Elethiomel]
calvin
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

um, i dont think so, it still gets hot inside the gauntlets. but its an interesting idea.
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 18:37 (GMT -5)

I went to Darkforge and drank from pools. Horrible intristic changes, but I got a wish! "What do you wish for?" "fireproof blankets". So now I'm done with the ToEF. I may go back and check the ring/gloves idea.

Luckily I'm on pretty good standing with my deity, so when I offered a si at the altar in Dwarftown, cursed and doomed were lifted. (btw, this character is my first ever champion.)
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6969 days, 18 hours, 33 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

What a terrible waste of a wish! There are so many better wishes! And the best way to protect equipment is to leave it somewhere (with the barbarian for example).

Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7054 days, 22 hours, 58 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 06:23 (GMT -5)

Guinea is right. There are so many better wishes. How someone can be so idiot that uses his wish to 'fireproof blankets'?

Hmmm... Maybe a newbie?

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 07:18 (GMT -5)

I know it was an idiotic wish. That's why I posted it. However, my character was rather dependent on non-artifact equipment to get her through the ToEF, and I didn't think the rings of ice would protect the stuff in her pack. So there you have it.

Tanthalas: I don't like being called an idiot simply because I chose to use a wish for getting fireproof blankets. Also, I don't like being called a "newbie", because that's an expression that indicates that I act like a baby (origin of 'newbie': shortened form of "new baby").
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7763 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 07:53 (GMT -5)

About RoI when you have contact with high tempreture this ring surrended you a thin sheet of ice and in this way it can protect your stuff in pack, but you must worn this ring on your finger in pack it's just a junk...

Spoiler
When you haven't RoI or any fireproof blankets very good idea to protect finding stuff in ToEF is one cursed si and/or one cursed eternium arrow or cursed eternium ingot in pack

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/25/2002 at 07:57 (GMT -5) by BM]
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 08:03 (GMT -5)

Thanks, BM. I know that now, but I didn't know it then - I just assumed that the ring of ice only protected worn equipment. And we all know what assumption is the mother of.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6969 days, 18 hours, 33 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 14:22 (GMT -5)

Fireproof blankets are often got as rewards from dwarven elder, so I never had any trouble to get one. I'd rather go to ToEF without any burnable equipment than using a wish on blankets. Only things you need there is a decent weapon (guaranteed Rolf's Companion for lawful, Big Punch, Sword of Nonnak, or just anything eternium from Darkforge). Ankh & mummy wrapping for protection, elemental gauntlets can protect 2 rings (fire resistance, maybe invisibility?). It's useful to be able to cast Frost bolt, demons and grues often shrug it, but elementals don't :). Ice ball would be really cool - bye bye you stupid wimps, hello lots of exp :). And the boss isn't really tough, but take a source of healing with you

Spoiler
(what source? - Water Orb of course! :) )
. Have fun.

Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

Thanks for your advice, Guinea. I'll have to follow much of it next time - as I'm past the ToEF now. My new problem is the Eternal Guardian, but I'll think for a while and find a way to get past 'im.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7763 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

Find some special ring in some tomb...
Guinea hmmm personaly I prefere pray than using of any orbs... Orb is only to wear not to use

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: