Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / trapped elven chain mail

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Deano
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 19:29 (GMT -5)

i was running around killing things when i found an elven chain mail 10s (+0,+5) so i tried it on and whoops it turns out to be 'trapped'. I never had anything that was trapped before, so i tried blessing it but it doesn't come off - it's welded to my skin!!! How can i get it off without sitting under an acid trap and trying to burn it off me??????
Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7594 days, 13 hours, 30 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 08:13 (GMT -5)

Drop all your other items (ALL) and read a scroll of item destruction (if I remember correctly, unidentified ones are labeled usually as "MUNCH MUNCH".

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7762 days, 9 hours, 39 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

In olders version scrolls have always this same label, but now it's more dificult... Try curse this item and triger acid traps, maybe it helps, elven chain mail is from mithril (ofcorse remove and drop everything)... Scrolls of item destruction IMHO destroy items in backpack... Not your personal equipment... I try once destroy in this way gauntles of peace... I remove, and drop everything and read this scroll, nothing happend...
And if you are really determinated, sac some monster on altar of non your aligment, meybe if god will be angry on you meybe he destroy your equipment (ofkors you must remove and drop all).
At last you can remove and drop everything and pray, pray and pray, your god willbe really angry and destroy your all equipment to... But this methods are only for true determinated people.
Hmmmm Elven chainmail is nice stuff, just use it it's good armor (You wear it so it's must be your the best armor) and try fight with this kind of enemy who can "punch armor" This trapped armor finally will be destroy

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1654 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

That might make it weaker though.
Deano
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

Thanks folks - all good answers, and obvious ones i should have thought of myself... damn idiot. That's what i get i suppose for not identifying it first.

cheers!
Junnu
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 09:37 (GMT -5)

Is it so that when armor is weakened enough (i.e PV to zero), it will be destroyed if it gets more damage?
Stuart
Registered user

Last page view:

7599 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 06:39 (GMT -5)

Yes, I had my robes of invisibility destroyed in the claw bug temple once. I only just managed to escape.
Mishka[hopeless]
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

oh oh oh, juzt got auto-locked clothes [0,0] and need to get rid of them! I zapped wand of trap creation and used up about 4 acid traps, nothing. I cleared out dwarwen graveyard, so mabbe i go an' see if there is still undiscowered acid traps?
Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6119 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 at 08:04 (GMT -5)

ahem... *slaps herself in the forehead* how stupid of me! easiest way to get rid of that locked clothing was just walk in the ToEF wearing only it. Took me whole two steps before it burned...

Anyway where shadow lords are usually met? My first quest from the darn elderdwarfdude was to kill one. trying the ID at the moment... I really need to get literature. no dark sage corpses... *sniff*

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/13/2002 at 08:05 (GMT -5) by Mishka]
Stuart
Registered user

Last page view:

7599 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 07:10 (GMT -5)

The problem with taking a low lvl char into the ToEF is sometimes something hard is generated next to the stairs so you can't leave and it munches on you. My brother lost a character that way.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: