Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Imagination Vs Reality

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7314 days, 54 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 04:53 (GMT -5)

Read this theory and tell me what you think...

Everything that occurs in your life is interpreted BY YOU. You add the meaning, you add the emotional response, you add EVERYTHING. It is your thoughts that literally take the energy "data" and transpose it into your reality. What you consider "real" is nothing more than an agreement that you've made with yourself (and no doubt many others in some cases).

This is how our reality has been shaped. This is how we have learned what is possible, and what is impossible. We learned it from OTHER PEOPLE. The problem is, these other people (family and friends perhaps?) have their OWN limiting belief systems which they ALSO consider "real".

So human limitations spread like a virus, and we don't even realize what's happening!

Meanwhile, we occasionally see or hear about someone who lives a life of what appears to be "miracles":

• They have unreasonable prosperity
  • They are living a life they love
  • They came from incredibly challenging beginnings

Everything in the Universe is composed of Energy, including you and me. Even our thoughts are Energy.
Through Energy, everything in the Universe is connected.
The Universe creates without effort, and in abundance. Just look around you. Trees, rocks, air, planets, etc. all were created without stress, effort, or over-analyzation. The Force you choose to believe initiated the creative process doesn't matter. They are all there and were created effortlessly.
You ARE a part of the Universe and through the power of thought, have the same creative power that manifests everything you see. The only thing that limits your potential is your own belief system!

If you can understand the concept that our thoughts create our Reality, consider what could be possible if we took direct control of our thoughts, rather than letting them be controlled by a lifetime of someone ELSE's beliefs.

LS
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4700 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 10:08 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, I have never been taken by the idea that our perceptions shape reality. I think our perceptions only shape our perception of reality. Actual reality is always there to set us straight through experience.

If a lunatic was of the impression that pudding was hard, and then I, without knowing what I was reaching for, reached out and blindly touched the pudding, I think it would still be soft.

How does the joke go . . . ?

Pilgrim: Oh great Sage, how do I know if something is real?
Great Sage: Kick it very very hard.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6972 days, 27 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

Luke: you watched The Matrix too many times? Because I did. :) You are mixing two things: belief and points of view. About point of view there goes another joke:

Jew: Oh Rabbi, I have a wife and three children and we all live in one room! We don't have enough room! What should I do?
Rabbi: Go and buy a goat.

2 weeks passed.

Jew: Oh Rabbi, I told you I don't have enough room, but now I have even less when I keep a goat at home!
Rabbi: So go and sell the goat.

Next day

Jew: Oh Rabbi, I'm so happy now, we have a lot of room to live now!

And now about the belief thing: I think it is true that we are limited by our beliefs. A human body is weak and fragile, but the power of human brain isn't measurable. The Matrix is real! If you believe that, you can do everything... or you'll kill yourself while trying to jump from one building to another and get a Darwin Award. :P

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1657 days, 20 hours, 38 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 14:39 (GMT -5)

Boy, THAT was a movie.

Had some interesting points though.
Greatr White Unicorn
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 28, 2002 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

"Everyone fails the first time" to have the level of confidence needed to execute amazing feats one must know they can do it without a single moment of fear or doubt. But since everyone around us is so used to the so called impossible concepts not many of us stand a chance. Anyone ever witnessed something in real life that couldn't be explained as anything less than miracles?

I personally believe the laws of physics can not be broken but I also believe not all of them are fully understood.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: