Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Help me reach L+ ?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Astaranth
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 at 03:32 (GMT -5)

I have been making LOTS of chaotic sacrifices on a Good Altar. My balance is over 3000 on the white side...just exactly HOW many acts do I need to become L+ ? I'm already precrowned and would like to become crowned, but it just doesn't seem to be going my way :P

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7771 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 at 05:25 (GMT -5)

What level?
You can kill some big chaotics creature (minotaurs in their maze, quickling lord the best in their tree, steel golems and others in Darkforge, blue dragons in their cave and more more and more) or just give food to a bugger (a specially fat worms, cooked roachs and other trash from ratlings)... If you are a caster and you have some healing and calm monster cpell, you can calm one mosnter and just wait than it will be fight with others and next you can heal, heal and heal... If you have pet you can ordered to your companion to fight and heal your pet and his enemy;) It's very fast way

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 at 05:48 (GMT -5)

Wear a blessed amulet of order and just go about your business - eventually the amulet will get you to L+. As BM says, feeding beggars can help, but I think it matters what you feed them (blessed stomafillia herbs will be a whole lot more effective than fat worms or cooked roaches). Thrundarr's quests are all lawful acts, if you haven't done them already.

I don't think sacrifices can pull you all the way to L+. Based on my experience with neutral characters, I'd say that one big sacrifice (like a large pile of gold or stomafillia) is more likely to affect your alignment than lots of small ones.

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

Ekaterina yes I know good food roolez, but lots of food is good to... Sometimes (in later game) we can bought from ratlings 700-1500 worms or tails, it's cheap, it's a lot good food to the beggars

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Astaranth
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

Well...I think I'm 30th level (finally!! :) I've been sacrificing MANY SIs and LOTZ of gold (million + now for sure) I've been making live sacrifices and have done almost all of Thrundarr's quests, healed the bridge builder, gave $$ to beggars and even helped out the sheriff get some outlaws...still stuck at L. I've been wearing the Blessed amulet of Order since I started making live sacrifices (my latest attempts) Nothing seems to work...but at least I've always been extrememly close to my god (Why an Assassin is the Messiah of the Lawful God I'll NEVER know :)
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 02:25 (GMT -5)

Attacking non-hostile monsters, stealing, killing certain lawful monsters, etc. all bring you away from L+. Assassins probably backstab a lot, which is chaotic. Maybe thats your problem.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 06:07 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm wear everburning torch or amulet of light and bye bye backstab

Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7320 days, 18 hours, 22 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 02:10 (GMT -5)

give begger 500 cooked roaches, 600 fried bats, 450 worms, and all of munxips food and even your chaotic char should become lawfull+

What do you Wish for?_
Gandalf The Unique
Registered user

Last page view:

7398 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 08:44 (GMT -5)

try Self-flagellation, 'U'sing a whip in the tool slot. its cheap but takes time

Who said nothing is impossible?
I have done nothing all my life.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5034 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 03:44 (GMT -5)

he's been gone for over an year :P

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: