Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / BM read this

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Gareth
Registered user
Banshee´s new husband *dead*

Last page view:

7734 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 12:15 (GMT -5)

Since u have a lot of experience with necromancers, which race do you think are the best necromancers?

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7763 days, 2 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

The best necro... It dependence what a game you favorized... Grey elven necromancer is a realy good necromancer. High learning (if below 20 quit and generate new PC), high mana (but it's not a reason, you will be train this stat realy fast;)) high dexterity (useful to shooting;). Tougthnes and strenght are lower. No problem you will be train strenght with many corpses in your backpack. High apearance you will be train your charisma not lose your perception. I don't like mirrors rooms..
What month.... Last I prefere Raven with Blup reason. Other good months hmmm Cup, Salamandra, Sword, sometimes Dragon (bonus to strenght and toughtnes)
Necro is a good fighter (find weaknes and doge skill) use your scullquaterstaff in meele combat. Later (if you find new good weapon, (if you get mesage you have some good feelings about, <apraisng skill, don't train it will be increas automaticly> you can wear it. If this weapon be cursed it have some good things to balance this curse status:)) you can train polearms, daggers, axes or twohanded weapon if you have a realy good weapon:)
Necro is a archer, find some rocks, arrows, quarels and just shoot. Slings are realy good:) I prefered bows (bow of hunting roolz in old adom:)
Necro is a caster, train shields.
Train your concetration, find weaknes, necromancery, alchemy (if you find alchemist gloves bless it and keep in backpack it useful item) and at last food preservation (if this skill didn't increase fast with "corpses carring"). If you find some herbs you can increase your toughtnes, willpower and dexterity (train your herbalism to but only if you find herbs, in first contact you must quick hervest to protect herbs, and makes "hervestering squares")
In melee combat swith position with your slaves if you have low hitpoints situation, or enemy is strong. If enemy is realy strong and you have no chance, swith position with your slave and run away, you can make another better slave If your ghul paralyzed somebody, swith with him and on berserk tactic finish this victim. After 6 level make only ghuls, it's a good slaves (the best place to make your servants is a smal cave). In later game you should fight and kill weak monsters in bare combat, to train unarmed fighting skill (you always can kick).
What else... Hmmm sometimes you can have a badluck, in starting equipment you can have sculldagger and tract of chaos or Gold works of Confucius (or something like that).
Orck/troll necromancer is a good warior, but grey elven necro has a really good skill list, you just must get healing skill in good or evil way, it's your choice.
And always but always you should have some fresh corpse in your backpack, just in case of cat;) Finally on level 50 you should enter into small cave and make your supreme slave quickling queen/king lich. When you get this level you should wear death kit (artefacts and items with toughtnes bonus)
Hmmmm there is other things but it should be sufficient in begining
Spells.... Hmmmm Frost bolt roolz it's a usefull spell, and necro is the only one class who have this spell guaranted. Burning hand try find, Light to, it's not a good if you will be killed by your slaves in darknes. Some healing spell is nice to You can always find some spellbooks in infinity or on the road near Pyramide (fight with alone necro and sceleton patrols)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6293 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 18:15 (GMT -5)

I agree with BM but I play ALOT of elementalists as well, grey elves and dark elves are the best, I *never* play orcs or trolls, they just don't have the stats (ehhhh), the stats & spellbooks are *very* important to me.
Descent
Registered user

Last page view:

4875 days, 15 hours, 18 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 at 14:35 (GMT -5)

In wich month and version of adom do you play because the best learning score that my necros had was 20! And BM could you make a list of palces and quests you complete. Thanks.

Are necromancers good characters?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6293 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

What race are you playing 'Descent'?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 at 03:31 (GMT -5)

I could be wrong but I *THINK* high elves have higher learning than grey elves.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6969 days, 16 hours, 43 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:09 (GMT -5)

J. - yes, you're WRONG :-).

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7185 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

it looks like D elves have smaller Le than G elves... Am i wrong? :)

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7185 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

it looks like D elves have smaller Le than G elves... Am i wrong? :)

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6969 days, 16 hours, 43 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:24 (GMT -5)

Yes, GE are the most learned, at least according to AWSG. And I agree with it.

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:49 (GMT -5)

Then it's just my copy of ADOM's RNG that never gives GEs good learning.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 05:07 (GMT -5)

Oki I'm back....
Hmmmm I play in ADOM in version 0.9.0 gamm 15, version 1.0.0 and ofkorz last versions.
Months when my PC was born.... Hmmmmm I wrote about it... But it was Cup, Sword, sometimes Dragon, at last I prefere Raven. Blup and his mother is reason, not fact that my companions are more powerfull... If you play bard, I agree it's a good month for his companions, but undeads add they levels to necro level, or they just are more powerfull than necro (SMC or ID)

Necro Learning.... Hmmmm I make grey, dark and high elven necros, and grey are the best. Dark are to weak, dark elves are good to be a paladin.
Orcs yes they stupid but orc healer is a good warrior. Troll lots of exp, but when he have small learning you just play like warrior, and after train his stat he can be a realy good caster. Shooting with arrows or rocks can be very handy

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 12/17/2002 at 05:27 (GMT -5) by BM]
Descent
Registered user

Last page view:

4875 days, 15 hours, 18 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

I play gray elves because BM wrote that they`re good. But my best was lv. 12 and it died from hunger. I`l try what you said but I don`t think that I`ll have you`re luck.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 07:55 (GMT -5)

gray elven but what class?? And food. Food shop in Terinyo and ratlings in arena level are a good place to buy food. And if you have herbalizm you should hervest a herbs

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

With weak characters it's always a good start to do level-hopping in the ID for the first few levels. You find lots of food and spellbooks and money etc that way.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: