Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Weird things again...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7359 days, 7 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

I'm currently playing an orcish necro. I'm doing fairly well: lvl 13, one pool wish, RoDS, kick ass spells etc.............

Anyways, the weird thing was that: the ancient dwarf told me to kill a wolf as my 1st quest. So I hunted down a wolf and killed it. Went back to the senile dwarf for the next quest. "I want ye to slay a spectre to prove your valor!"

HUH!? Another random kill??
OK, I did a little test. Copied my save file (for testing only, I have no intentions to CHEAT!!:)), restored the game, used my RoDS to wish a spectre, killed it and went back to the dwarf. He said: "Well done". ??????????

The next quest was the ogre tribe massacre. He didn't say anything about finding the animated forest. What have I missed? Has this happened before? I DID accidently dive to the forest while doing some wolf hunting, but that shouldn't matter, right? Does the senile dwarf hate orcs? Or necromancers? Or orcish necromancers?

Loooong post.... Sorry!!

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
ABCGi
Registered user
Atomic Bacterial Chemical

Last page view:

7619 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 20:28 (GMT -5)

You visited the animated forest already before talking to the Old Geezer... instead of giving the forest quest he gives another random. If you have won the arena already he does the same thing when that quest comes along.

……ABCGi
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 07:39 (GMT -5)

Yea I know about the arena thing but I've always thought that it doesn't matter if you go beyond the forest before the quest...

Are you sure about this? I have these memories of many characters which I *think* have visited the lower levels before the animated forest quest.

And I did the second random kill too but what about my reward!?!? "Well done"... stupid dwarf... :)

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7056 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 08:20 (GMT -5)

lol

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3119 days, 14 hours, 40 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 09:31 (GMT -5)

How many random monster quests can one get? 3 or is there some way to get more? Just curios (Imagine getting a Greater Karmic Wyrm 3 times ;) )

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Junnu
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

I'm pretty certain you can't even visit the forest before getting the second quest. And I'm pretty certain too, that you get no reward if you have to kill a random monster instead of the "real quest" ...

So I'm pretty certain :)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3119 days, 14 hours, 40 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 09:39 (GMT -5)

You can visit the forest anytime. But if you do then it's "bye bye reward"
There is a way to meet Khelly and still get the forest quest, but it's a matter of luck (you just have to go through the DH and never enter the animated forest).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7187 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 09:41 (GMT -5)

Junnu, lol.
And i'm certain that dwarves suck at all.

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 10:36 (GMT -5)

DAMMIT!!!!!

Everything went smoothly until I won the golden gladius and went down the stairs... the #%((%¤"¤% game crashed!!!

No save file, nothing... *sniff*... Nothing remains of my brave lvl 15 orcish necromancer known as Krisius. He's gone!!! *sob*

Hmmm... Maybe I should still consider myself lucky? IIRC this was my 2nd or 3rd good character lost due to crashing. I've played over two years now.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: