Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / New class/skill ideas.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

EnjoyTheSauce
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 at 01:12 (GMT -5)

I, personally, think that it would be cool to have some new classes My only idea ATM is a 'Samurai', who are unable to go into Coward tactics mode, and have a high chance of critical hits. They would also have a new skill, 'Foriegn Weaponry'. There would be some weapons that not everybody would know - for example, a bo staff could be called and 'Odd Staff' unless you identify it or have the Foriegn Weaponry skill. A few weapons of this type could be 'Odd Flails' (nunchakus), 'Odd Swords' (katanas), and 'Odd Daggers' (katars) Monks should also get the Foriegn Weaponry skill.

Any other ideas?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 10 hours, 47 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 at 05:32 (GMT -5)

That kind of class would be VERY different from the others using different weapons and such? Other than from the fact that a samurai would be pretty much an assassin(who has a powerful backstab and find weakness and get's a bonus to critical hits).

It's nice to get new ideas and all but you have to admit that the races/classes are pretty well designed and adding something new would pretty much:
a)be almost a copy of a different race/class
b)be something totally different which would require some total revamp of game code and some major changes and which really wouldn't even belong to adom.

That's just me. But there's always the possibility of ratlings/kobolds and miners.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 at 05:44 (GMT -5)

i suggest a class "leader" (or negotiator), who can _tame_ humanoids/demons/pixies (but not pets) by chatting, giving $$$, signing contracts...etc.
___
Got killed by the management exam !!!
EnjoyTheSauce
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 26, 2002 at 09:40 (GMT -5)

Samurai would be the pinnacle of honor - no backstabbing, no coward tactics, etc. They would have a bonus to foriegn weapons, the class ability to challenge things to a deul, and possibly a chance to parry and counter attacks. Another variation on the 'Fighter' theme, basically, but as different from the average fighter as a barbarian.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: