Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Oh the irony

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 3 hours and 20 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, January 03, 2003 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

I'm beginning to think this game doesn't like me. I've been playing barbarians a lot lately (orcs mostly and a few trolls) the last two of which crashed with signal 291. So I decided to try out something different. A beastfighter, made him drakish. And try to guess what he finds in the SMC, yes a nice big two-hander weighing in at 50stones. And no, it wasn't a light two-handed sword made of iron.

Right now I'm pretty mad at how the game treats my chars so now I'm going to show it just how good I am and I'm going to win the game for the first time with this beastfighter wearing that sword or not.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 3 hours and 20 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, January 03, 2003 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

Ever had the feeling that you just want to throw your mouse against the wall and start beating the computer with your keyboard?(no, I don't take computer games too seriously) The very same beastfighter died and it was not fair. I went through the SMC, didn't have full hitpoints when I entered the UD. Took a few steps and he got a stone block on his neck which of course killed him.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user
Banshee´s new husband *dead*

Last page view:

7733 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 03, 2003 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

That´s gotta hurt :(

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
Orc Man
Registered user
Threadamancer

Last page view:

7697 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 03, 2003 at 17:35 (GMT -5)

At least I know now that Im not the only one with my luck.. My orcish Barbarian has reached the water temple but found EIGHT book shops(?!?!) each having a different ball spell and the last one had deathray, teleport, AND THREE SPELLBOOKS OF ACID BALL ARGHHH!!

"The greatest obstacle obstructing the advancement of the human race, is the human race."
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user
Banshee´s new husband *dead*

Last page view:

7733 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 04, 2003 at 15:20 (GMT -5)

hehe

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7184 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 05, 2003 at 08:54 (GMT -5)

this is the thing i don't like in ADOM. Traps. Especcially their pattern ;). This IS stupid!

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Prickle Pear
Registered user
Killer fruit

Last page view:

7198 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 at 20:40 (GMT -5)

I KNOW! I've been having the same problem. I've been playing humans and they keep falling prey to error signal 291.

The new and improved MTV...my ass! Where's Bevis & Butthead?
Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6119 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

oh, Wow! I got my first error signal 291 yesterday! Luckily it wasn't a very successful char.

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7184 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 at 10:00 (GMT -5)

what does 291 mean?

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1654 days, 22 hours, 14 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2003 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

The infamous signal 291 error. It's a bug that TB can't seem to find so that he can fix it. It happens (to me at least) when I step on a square with a LOT of items on it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: