Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Cats vs. Dogs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7716 days, 17 hours and 25 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

Which is your favorite type of pet? Dogs? Cats? Birds? Fish? or something else? As for me, I have one of each of the above mentioned animals (three fish), though my parrot is my favorite (by a slight margin)...

You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7192 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Hamsters und cats.
Dogs ist sucks

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6126 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 at 05:29 (GMT -5)

I love cats, too bad my boyfriend is allergic...

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 at 00:48 (GMT -5)

Cats are wonderful... I hate the way dogs either grovel or bite--cats are individuals

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Orc Man
Registered user
Threadamancer

Last page view:

7705 days, 5 hours, 46 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 18, 2003 at 01:07 (GMT -5)

I myself, am a cat person. Mines just so adoribley violent... I wish a had a picture of what he did to that mouse...

"The greatest obstacle obstructing the advancement of the human race, is the human race."
Junnu
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 02:52 (GMT -5)

I am definitely a cat person. And I also fear dogs, and that's mostly because I am allergic and never have really been in contact with them. But I am allergic to cats too, so no animals for me ... :)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 10:00 (GMT -5)

I used to like cats and not like dogs but that changed when I sometime last year visited one of my friends house and met her insane cat. Well the cat wasn't insane I know it just wanted to play but I got paranoid of cats when every ten minutes when your sitting down on the sofa watching tv somone jumps on your head or starts biting and clawing your feet and toes. Now I'm even a bit scared of cats I've known for ten years.

And at the same time I've gotten more accustomed to dogs when they've become more common with my friends/family.

And then just saturday I again visited my cousin who has THE most beautiful and well-mannered dog I know. Should be, the dogs family tree is a few meters long or something.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

Eh... don't judge all cats by one insane member of the species :) My cat, for one, wouldn't claw you unless she were playing with a string you were holding, missed the string and hit your hand... which has happened :)... or you decided to attack her. If she wants revenge, she'll steal your wallet and bat it under the refrigerator. No kidding.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7192 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 at 05:00 (GMT -5)

damn, i wish i had a cat...

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

No, no, I don't judge cats, it just became an automatic reaction so I can't help it. I learned to be afraid of cats(well at least I have to keep an eye(or two) on them to get peace of mind). It's kind of like when we watched a video on our psychology lesson where some dude(many many years ago) 'teached' a baby to get afraid of a rabbit by scaring the kid with a loud noise everytime the rabbit got close to the kid, so the kid thought the bunny was evil and trying to scare him. In time the kid 'learned' to be afraid of all furry animals. Would kind of suck to be afraid of all kinds of animals all your life, wouldn't it?

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/22/2003 at 11:15 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 02:30 (GMT -5)

They say it can be unlearned... like with the bunny, it's a stimulus-response thing, and eventually if the kid sees the bunny without the loud noise enough times, the response (fear) will fade. Works on phobias, anyway...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 10:24 (GMT -5)

I think that could be thought of a kind of phobia and yeah, probably could be unlearned.

SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7716 days, 17 hours and 25 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

Nice lesson to be teaching to a kid. But it can be unlearned, like any fear.
Must say I'm about equal as to my like of dogs and cats. Though my cat has that annoying habit (I think most cats seem to like to do this) of running right in front of me, especially when going down stairs, so I am always practically tripping over him. Then again, maybe my cat just wants to kill me!

You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Portrait
Prickle Pear
Registered user
Killer fruit

Last page view:

7205 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 18:11 (GMT -5)

I share the Mad Monk's feelings.

The new and improved MTV...my ass! Where's Bevis & Butthead?
Vulgar
Registered user
Necromantic Farmer

Last page view:

4501 days, 12 hours, 51 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2003 at 02:12 (GMT -5)

I love snakes. There's just something about them gives me a sense of power. In a way it actually does because my sister is terrified of them and it keeps her out of my room. Heehee...

Should I eat it or make it my undead slave?
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5895 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

I love dogs, but cats are nice.
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

I have a dog, I've never had a cat but I've had my dog for about 14½ years now. My family has had all kinds of animals, chicken, ducks, turkeys, pigs...
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

Hmm, yes... snakes are nice... they don't really DO much, though. I still prefer cats.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3124 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

Emperor Scorpions are great pets. They can be really funny, especially when they hunt for food :D They catch the insect, and walk around with it, happily waving their food in front of the other scorpions, like if saying "look, I've got one and you don't nah nah nah" :P And they're non-poisonous, so it's safe to hold them in your hand (if you've got a large enough hand - a mature Emperor has 17 cm (males) to 25cm (females) lenght). Unlike smaller scorpions, they aren't cannibals, and really care for their babies...
... ah, who am I kidding, they're just a piece of furniture, without thoughts and feelings. Cats are the best animal friends a human can have.
But the scorpions are still nice to keep at home to watch.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/2/2004 at 07:48 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

I have a picture of an Emperor Scorpion in front of me right now (I think. Emperor is Keisari in Finnish, right?) and it seems to have a "poisoncontainer" on it's tail, and it also seems to have a sting, maybe they arent poisonous for humans?
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3124 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

They are about as poisonous as a bee worker. I mean the adult ones (it takes about 3-5 years for a scorpion to shed his hide for the last time and reach adultery), the young ones don't have the poison sac active. They have it, but it doesn't work yet - tested it myself, while trying to catch a very nervous male with bare hands. Still have a minor scar from the cut he gave me with his tail, but nothing happened (He got lucky the little bastard, normally he couldn't even penetrate my skin. Must have gotten a critical ;) ).
And even when they produce the poison - you have to be alergic to it, to have any problems when they sting you. So it's a great pet for everyone.
BTW - search under "Pandinus Imperator", rather then the local name. You'll get much better photos ;)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/7/2004 at 17:29 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 at 05:21 (GMT -5)

I just remembered it from the guiness world records book of 1998 (It's the heaviest scorpion) I didn't look for it on the internet or in an encyklopedia

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: