Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / questions

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

If some experienced adoomer could answer these questions i would be happy.

1. I have come to lvl 13 at most, but im still at that first town and the first cave, i just cant seem to find any new places, and i have never ever came to the end of the first cave SE of first town, have been down to lvl 10 i think. You people seem to have relics ad stuff at lvl 12! And how do i get past the first town and the first cave?

2. I havent ever found an altar. Where can i find em!?

3. What class should i play, what birthsign, what race, what weapon and so on? My favorite this far has been wizard with 2 tower shields =)

Would be happy for an answer and some guiding in the adom world at my email, not this forum :)
Email at:
hultma@hotmail.com
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 10:56 (GMT -5)

some help with how to train the different stats and abilities would be good to :) (link is ok)
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5593 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 20:39 (GMT -5)

You probably need to d/l a copy of the guidebook.
This will help you imminsely if you are keen on the game. It does include spoilers so beware.

Get it here.

You need to 'C'hat to villiagers to access quests and dungeons around Terinyo, or you can just make your way through the wilderness to the west until you come to the main dungeon in the game the caverns of chaos.
Portrait
rhino69
Registered user
go forth & see all

Last page view:

7692 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2003 at 13:43 (GMT -5)

go south for travel across river you wont last long but you will get to see some nice country side have you spoken to anyone in town they could supply you with quests and info in what direction to wonder in..as for training when you kill\listen\search\talk and so on and so on you are advancing forwards all the time (press x to see figure) after you reach the right amount you get a page of training advance which lets you choose your choice of living\skill\ways but you only get a certain amount (top of page) so pick with care..its life or death out there,take care. good living

We all die but few die with honour

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/24/2003 at 13:46 (GMT -5) by rhino69]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2003 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

When starting out I think orcish barbarians are quite tough and good fighters and pretty easy to keep alive in the beginning... You could also try elementals(gnomes are good), with guaranteed spells. Or wizards, drakelings would be good wizards with nice skills. Just remember that even though you play a spellcaster, you don't have to kill everything with spells. I did that when I was new and wondered how anybody could find enough books to get enough castings of any spell. And whatever class you play, try to practise using missile weapons too, very good later on in the game.

Oh and about the cave in which every time you move up/down says something about the cave seeming infinite... It is infinite(I think someone has been to about level 2500 down there?)and it's THE place where altars/pools/herbs/shops/hives/vaults etc. are very very very rarely generated so you won't find an altar there.(except for one exeption, I think altars, pools or anything should not be generated there at all)

And as Krusty pointed out, if you think you don't mind not finding out everything out for yourself be sure to check out http://www.andywlms.com/adom/ which contains pretty much everything known about the game by anyone but Thomas.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/24/2003 at 15:28 (GMT -5) by J.]
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 25, 2003 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Thx a lot everyone and good that your not mad at newbies like me ;)

Well, i got a lot of answers from you and from that guide, now i only wonder what do do when (what lvl should i be when i do what).

I also wonder about the herbalism skill, how do i grow herbs and stuff?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 26, 2003 at 03:10 (GMT -5)

Herbs are generated on levels randomly and then you can pick them up. There is one level in the CoC where they are guaranteed(and they have much free space to grow). If you have the gardening skill and some herb seeds you can plant your own herbs. Again you can find much information about herbs in the guidebook:) Section 0.13.6 dungeon features/herbs IIRC. (that and the beginning questions are my most used guidebook pages:)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: