Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Should go to sleep by now...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 25, 2003 at 16:47 (GMT -5)

ADOM is such a wise game. When your hooked and it's getting late in the evening it reminds you to stop playing and go to sleep. Which is what I think I'll do right now.

RNG decided to end my best char yet with a 291 on D:45 when clearing a lesser red dragon vault. My gnomish bard was lvl 40. He had 93 strength when wearing GoGS, fire orb, gauntlets of strength and executioner. High strength from eating lots of giant corpses. Fire giant king tension room in ToEF, stone giant 'room' in the TotHK, two hill giant/ettin tension rooms in CoC and a mixed greater vault of giants all cleared with food pres of 100. Corpses eaten when almost starving to death or later in the game when I had it, while wearing ring of weakness. Actually when I'd cleared the greater vault I cooked all the corpses I got with fireball and carried them to terinyo shop for them not to rot, also got 2 !oCC from druid and the unicorn quest at the same time. 'Bastard' had preserver, robes of resistance, the earlier mentioned executioner along with axes trained to lvl 13, lvl 11 in shields with an eternium tower shield and was happily training throwing the rune-covered trident with all the dragons in that vault. Had already killed the wyrm in there too it was a regular stupid red dragon who crashed the game.

Never before had a char survive the ToEF so this was going very good for me, I think I could've won with this char. Still had 7 ?oCR left from dwarven mystic and khelly and probably 7 or so !oCC too so no problem with corruption, also had 2 =oDS and one \oWi with 1 charge left.

Ahh well I have backed up the game I just think that it's pretty old, at least half a day IRL time. And I know I won't be playing for a while gonna be busy for the next few days I think.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Wolf
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 26, 2003 at 23:06 (GMT -5)

Ouch, that sucks. I also lost my first character that ever made it past ToEF to a crash, but he was a much lower level. Didn't have a back-up though.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 27, 2003 at 08:19 (GMT -5)

No worries I've got a even greater char going now: I'm playing a drakish barbarian who's got lvl 6 in thrown spears:) He was born in raven and I'm waiting to find something to teleport myself so I can go visit the water dragon and get the trident which I'm planning to use as my main missile weapon. Spears are so much more fun that bows or crossbows :P

And he's also got skullcrusher and robes of resistance for precrowning and got grod for crowning (I played many many orc barbs wishing for grod but never had it and now I hate the thing, I don't like two-handers).

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 at 11:18 (GMT -5)

If you are too full to keep eating corpses, chow a stomacemptia when you are satiated to put you back to hungry status. You see, they do have a practical application like most everything else in the game. Can be helpful when eating bugs or quicklings or undead. yeh
Wolf
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

a bit off-topic, but has anyone found a practical use for scrolls of amnesia other than turning them into blank scrolls or dipping them in a potion of exchange?

they have to be one of the most annoying items in the game. :/
Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

7732 days, 15 hours, 54 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

Most annoing thing in the game is when you accidently hit cat. Maybe someone could code a cheating program which forces adom to ask: "Do you really want to attack the wild cat?[y/N]".

I just discovered that it is very dangerous to have alchemy couse when checkin herbs(or using some other skill as well) you may press "a" too many times and alchemy is allways on top of the skill-list
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

the biz: you can't eat anything if you're bloated and so cannot eat a stomacemptia either. Better play drakelings who have that wonderful vomit attack:)

Kayaman: I agree. Actually IIRC that char I talked about killed his first cat in a very annoying way. He was crossing a river and not having a very good swimming skill so was losing hp. I was three steps from the other side and saw a hill orc standing there. Then I kept an eye on my hp and just pressed 9 three times to get there and got a message about a spirit rising and a moaning sound. A cat had come from behind the orc and changed position with it! That was VERY annoying.
Oh and especially after you've got the =otMC you should get a warning message about attacking a cat. But I think that's never going to be implemented as I don't thing Thomas wants to make getting(and keeping) that ring too easy :)

ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7420 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 01, 2003 at 04:24 (GMT -5)

This drakeling propaganda is getting me. I think I will play drakelings today... ^_^

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: