Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / 1.1.1 question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ratto
Registered user
MaGiC aNd PoWeR

Last page view:

7437 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at 06:21 (GMT -5)

I've win 1.1.1 four time, two whit spellcaster (one wizard and one necro), and two whit barbarian.

I know that spell caster are more powerfull, in general, but in 1.0 my barbarian are a lot more powerfull.

I think that in this version figther are more difficult to play, and wizard are very advantage, my drakish wizard have a lot o SoCR, 15, or more, so it is impossible to not finish the game, my barbarian not, from the mistic dwarve take alwais the PoGA and the two potion of training...

It is so boring.....

I love barbarian, but in this version they are quite unplayable...

DaRk ElF PoWeR

Are you tired to play figther?
Yes  No
Check results

J
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at 11:18 (GMT -5)

I'm playing a drakish wizard who now has found many SoCRs less than my previous barbarians. He also got the PoGA from the dwarven mystic when my three previous chars(all barbarians) got SoCRs. He also doesn't have that many spells but is whacking away with a spear of devastation +6, 5d8+7 with a skill of 11 in polearms and a strength of 31. So he is kind of a figther just occasionally using spells. He's having a hard time finding an AoLS for khelly and has drained all the pools I've found so maybe I'll just let him die.

Fighter types aren't that bad in the game untill you've killed 300 jackals and they start to kick your ass. It gets very hard in the end.
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5594 days, 5 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

*Fighter types aren't that bad in the game untill you've killed 300 jackals and they start to kick your ass. It gets very hard in the end.*

I hope that in the next release TB takes that stupid feature out. Its just dumb that monsters get stronger the more you kill of them.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/14/2003 at 10:25 (GMT -5) by Krusty]
Kurupt #2
Registered user

Last page view:

7110 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 at 15:24 (GMT -5)

I don't think that feature will be taken out anytime soon...I believe it was implemented so people wouldn't abuse the Gremlin Cave for whatever reason.

Let this account be a lesson to you all - Remember your password!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 2 hours, 26 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2003 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

Monsters get tougher very rapidly in the new versions. In older ones you could pretty easily kill two thousand gremlins but in the new versiones you'll get killed after maybe three or four hundred. The feature should stay in the game but should be toned down again because for example you can easily kill 200 or more chaos servants in one game and then they start to be very tough!
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5594 days, 5 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

I disagree.
You want harder monsters? Then go deeper into the dungeons.
The whole premise of monsters getting stronger as you kill more of them is stupid. Im sure TB could find a better way to get around the gremlin cave problem, he's a smart guy.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 16 hours, 16 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

Yes... The gremlin caves could give some sort of background damage, like the water dragon caves and the ToEF, so you would have to go in and out fast in order to avoid using up too many healing spells and potions...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7191 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

unless you are >11lvl trollish healer born in omnth of Candle with extermly hardy and healthy talents :D

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 2 hours, 26 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

Does the gremlin cave already have a corrupting background? If it has, then maybe the background corruption there could be increased. Just an example.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: