Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Some Help Please

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Hiram
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 00:25 (GMT -5)

Hi, I'm Hiram Sedai and I'm a Save Scummer. I freely admit it. I've been playing ADOM on and off since 94 or 95. (forget which year)

I have a level 19 Grey Elf Bard. She is kicking butt but I am trying to survive in the Tower of Eternal Flames.

I went deep enough to mess with the water temple, so I might be able to get that orb. Still I want that fire orb because this is the char that will make it. I just know it.

Suggestions?

ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7420 days, 2 hours, 27 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 03:00 (GMT -5)

Be prepared. If you are prepared, you can live through anything. Except a tension room full of fire giant kings.

Things that you need:
Blessed ring of ice - to protect your equipment.
Fireproof blanket - Just in case everything goes wrong.
Fire immunity - Nice, but easily gotten through items. Easiest way to do this is to get a blessed ring of fire resistance + elemental gauntlets.
Invisibility - Either ring or something else. Makes the temple much easier because most monsters cannot see you!
Means to teleport and control it - helps if you need to get away.
Good skill with bow/crossbow and some slaying ammo - For that chaos wyrm holding the orb.
Generally good equipment and skill in combat - those monsters are not easy either.
Means to dig into the temple - of course.
Blessed potions of extra healing - save your life now!
Wands of ice - those monsters don't like cold.

And that is about it. Good luck. ^_^

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6608 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

You forgot means of confusion resistance.

More than one of my characters died being confused all the time. The Ancient Chaos Wyrm deals lots of damage quickly. And when you think you are quick and can run away with low hitpoints finally not being confused anymore he can surprise you by casting some bolt.

And don't rely in a tight spot on frost bolt. The wyrm shrugs most off. If it hits it's good though.
Dragon slaying ammo works fine, but it's quite difficult to collect your ammunition if it wasn't enough to kill him.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: