Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Dreams

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7312 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

This ones quite long but was awesome:
I dreamt I was kicked out of some sort of establishment and this guy who looked like someone I knew called Chris, said I was fired, I retorted some cocky remark before he went back inside.
I walked down this path along side this place, as I walked though I thought it would be hilarious to act like I was really disapointed in a very sarcastic and over the top way.
So I banged my fist on a near by wall and started throwing myself to the ground adding a couple of agile flips before landing, but as I did this I couldn't stop laughing. I was hoping so much that they could see me, and as I left I saw Chris angrily walking away from the window.
Moments later, as I entered my village area I felt alerted and looked behind me to see Chris and two other guys advancing towards me, I thought that they were going to beat me up. So I ran towards a chair with this calm person sat there knowing that they wouldn't attack me if I were with him. As soon as I reached him the crowd of three people surrounded me, one of them chased the calm villager away as I engaged one of them. I tried to push him down to the ground but I was slow and ineffective - I was kicked by the other guy. I was afraid so I ran away to my home but then realised that I didn't want them to know where I lived, so I ran through my garden and hopped over a near by fence into someone elses garden. I was headed off and got a bit more desperate, so I jumped back over only to find myself jumping over the whole house, as night time suddenly fell I jumped again over my conker tree and felt some some of symbolism, conquring my self doubt it seemed.
I then landed and hid in my garden since it was dark now - I could see them approaching, my paranoia grew but I tried to dismiss it knowing fear would make them find me (I was not lucid at this point but awareness seemed to be setting in, strangely I didn't ever suspect it were a dream though), they got nearer anyway so I attempted to hop over a near by hedge again but failed, I then treid again and floated very high, but I not float back again and I said "finally I can fly!" I was overwealmed by excitement, anticipation and exhilaration and I then decided to taunt the chasers as I knew they wouldn't be able to get me anymore.
I then seemed to wake up to a white screen and something told me that I got too emotional and lost focus and said I should meditate. This was a bit confusing.
I then appeared in this field and my ex-girlfriend Gemma appeared, I tried to jump again but barely made it over her. She told me about some meaningless gossip and made the field cover with black roses. I then felt attracted to her and kissed her hand only to feel weakened and sorry afterwards. After that, the dream got very hazy shortly before waking up for real, I felt great that I had flew finally.
I could remember more to this dream than any other I've had recently, and flying was incredible. I didn't like the end though and I still don't really understand why my flying sensation was taken away from me.

LS
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 16:36 (GMT -5)

Barely took me a few seconds to write lol - Iridia, could you tell us about your lucid experiences in dreams? Have you ever flown?

LS
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3757 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 17, 2003 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

Yes... most of the time when I'm aware I'm dreaming, I end up flying sometime during the dream. It's quite fun... you should try it sometime if you find yourself realizing you're dreaming. :)

Let's see... the first time I remember being aware I was dreaming, I think I was about twelve, maybe a little younger. (Fits with psychology, BTW... that's when the brain is supposedly mature.)

The dream started in a garden with a high fence all around it, full of all sorts of flowers, green grass, a gazebo... kind of a Victorian feel to it. There was a swing set and a sandbox, and my sister was playing in the sand. I remember walking through it looking at the roses, and feeling like it was a nice place, and somehow having the idea that nothing really existed outside the garden.

At that point I realized I was dreaming, and that the garden wasn't all there was. I took my sister by the hand and told her I didn't want to stay in the garden; but there wasn't any gate, so (since I was dreaming and anything was possible) we would fly out, which we did.

The garden quickly receded into the background, and we found ourselves flying over a small town--actually, the same town in Germany, where I grew up. Steep roofs, cobble streets, a marketplace... that sort of thing. The last impression I have was sunlight, and a clear, very light blue sky.

The dream ended at that point.

All in all? Just a normal dream. What made it fun, of course, was that I was "awake" to enjoy it. Not as aware as I am when I'm awake for real, but definitely awake enough to control what I was seeing.

Now that the rest of you are thoroughly bored, I'll return you to your regularly scheduled ADOMing...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 at 04:56 (GMT -5)

I've just learned that being more aware during the day increases the clarity of dreams, and in turn makes it easier to see through them.
Dream logs exercise the type of memory needed to recall our dreams and projections.

Every night we visit the Astral but our dreams cloud out what is really there and we only get glimpses of the Astral.
Dreams are like daydreaming while asleep, when we wake up within sleep we are in the Astral.
I'm still learning to lucid dream, it's very difficult.

LS

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/26/2003 at 04:56 (GMT -5) by Luke]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3757 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 at 06:24 (GMT -5)

Hmm :) That could be part of it for me, I think. I've been writing down my dreams ever since I was in the second grade; I like writing, and they always provided me with good story ideas!

Incidentally, the description of the souped-up corruption trap in the Goblin Tale is taken nearly verbatim from one of those dream logs. Needless to say, that one was a bit of a nightmare!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 at 07:27 (GMT -5)

I agree dreams are a great source of creativity, they are pure imagination without distraction of the outside world, to sum it up dreams fascinate me.

LS

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: