Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Char

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7649 days, 11 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

i just wonder if i have a good char so far. hes a level 13 dark elven thief, he is blessed by the god of chaos i have become his champion. he is immune to acid and has the following artifacts, the si, the rune covered sling whirlwind, and the bracers of war. the bracers of war i found and the sling i got as a gift. my char is level 13 and i am wondering whether hes any good for his level i'm going after this rehetep next. -Botched
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7718 days, 19 hours, 26 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 21:57 (GMT -5)

~laugh~ Any char that you can get to survive for good length of time is a good char. As to Rehetep, you might want a couple more levels before you barge into his place; I had a grey elf necromancer up 15 when I tried, and Rehetep killed him after a lengthy fight. 13 might do it, though, if you're more careful than I was...

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5768 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

Fire magic is very effective against Rehetep and mummies generally. I've done the pyramid with melee characters, but be careful, and bring plenty of healing herbs and curaria mancox.
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 at 07:32 (GMT -5)

thats funny rehetep was easy for me. i had 2 wands of fireball one with 5 charges and one with 11 charges and it didn't take long for all of them to die. now i have gotten the lead filled mace big punch and i am wondering. for the most part i have stuck with daggers and knives for my theif but now that i have big punch i'm wondering if i should convert to maces? or is there a great dagger that i'm almost gauranteed later. -Botched
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7187 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 at 08:53 (GMT -5)

the worst one was when there was an animated wall...

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

In the late game you are guarateed two artifact daggers(sometimes I think the game gets bugged and you don't get the other one) which are very powerful so you might want to use daggers. There are also phase daggers which pass the PV of monsters(good for molochs and the like) and daggers of death for good raw damage.

I myself like polearms best and usually weild one spear with a shield for maximum DV. Orcish spears are plenty in the early game and you might find nice pre/suffixed ones.

<begin rant>
Like the last time I played (before my week of spring holyday spent in lapland and had a very nice weather BTW) a drakish MONK(using none other than fighting bare-handed), I found an orc vault in PC:6 and two orc vaults in the UD and had two orcish spears of penetration and two orcish spears of devastation after clearing them!
<end rant>

ps. and the last beastfighter I played found an eternium two-hander in the SMC
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7718 days, 19 hours, 26 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 01:26 (GMT -5)

Training pole arms is good if you find Moon Sickle, too...sure, it corrupts, but it dishes out great damage.

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."
Wolf
Registered user
Almost as cool as toast.

Last page view:

7657 days, 18 hours, 56 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 00:30 (GMT -5)

I've always found the pyramid easy, even with lvl 13 chars, but I mainly use strong melee types... spellcasters and weaker classes like thieves might find it tougher.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

I found the pyramid hard...with Dark Elven Barbarians, Rangers, and elven Paladins (the first are my favourite race/class :D )

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 09:34 (GMT -5)

my last character (high elf wizard) took out rehetep with one improved fireball as soon as she climbed into the last pyramid level, didnt even wait for him to "announce" himself. she had great willpower and mana though, didnt even have to move to take him out :)
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

thats hilarious. he didn't even get to introduce himself your wizard was very rude ;). well my thief is now finished doing some of the main quests when i was in the dwarven halls leveling and i here *thumb* so i go to investigate when i run into a greater moloch! good lord lucky i have almost double its speed so i escaped but i have a question now. i know i'm supposed to get the chaos orbs and everything but is there any nifty side quests that i can do at level 20? still not sure if i should save khelavaster if i get a amulet of life saving. what do you guys think? -Botched
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

You definately should save khelavaster if you can because you get nice items from him and also he can do something very nice to you in the very late game if you've saved his life.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 14:48 (GMT -5)

hehe, yeah she was rude, maybe she should have wished for the skill "politeness" she got the ring of djinni summoning, hehe but i chose scrolls of chaos resistance instead (how stupid of me? *not* ) hehe

rehetep is nuffing if youre a wizard, when i used be an archer all the time (like 2 games, i really seriously dont play adom that much,lol, maybe 5 games in total) anyway, he was a lot harder to beat.....spellcasters do have the edge but i just like to see the cool stuff in the game, so i guess when i get bored with it, ill experiment again with archers (cos i like em too ).

the whole amulet of life saving thing.sigh.....i was ready to go down and fight the big meanies pretty early but i just didnt find the amulet , which is sucky cos i always find one in the levels below khelevaster, sigh......ahh well i get to keep it and not feel bad about it i guess but it's kinda weird that when he dies he doesnt drop the stuff he was gonna give you hey

anybody notice how kranach the raider "lord" sometimes drops you like $5 (if anything at all ) ,lol..i mean what was he roving and rading,lol....

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: