Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / teleporting

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

i have a really great wizard going :) my first non save scumming game where ive actually made it to level 25 ! (with just what the game gave me)......ive gotten all the spells the game generates including 2 spellbooks of wish :) so im looking forward to a PC that makes it all the way.

i drank from a pool though and im teleporting, which is ok since i got control teleport but i cant read my create item spellbook or one of the wish spellbooks.is there a way to reverse the teleporting, other than having to drink from a pool again? i dont wanna end up doomed or something but is there any other sure way to stop teleporting randomly?
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7197 days, 7 hours, 40 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

haha, i'll answer it first! :P Ekaterin, Duke and other megaspoiled persons!!:P :)
go to zone, where you can't teleport, like Assassins guild or RotHK last level.
:P!

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7432 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 at 04:30 (GMT -5)

I think it is much better to get rid of the teleportitis, even though it means drinking from pools. Pools are not so bad, if you have means of getting rid of the cursed and doom status.

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5676 days, 19 hours, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 at 15:49 (GMT -5)

I think that teleportitis is very nice if you've got teleport control, which he has. Drinking from pools could just get him cursed+doomed and lose teleport control and still left with teleportitis.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7432 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 04:49 (GMT -5)

Yes, but he could also get new resistances, wishes and so on.

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7197 days, 7 hours, 40 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 06:13 (GMT -5)

yuo know what i noticed?
I see a pool and think: i'll drink it and get "you feel jumpy" and i get it! only usually it happens when i don't have teleport control :-\

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3129 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 08:24 (GMT -5)

I have more luck. When I drink form a pool usually the first thing I get is "the pool dries out". Or like last time "Nothing happens" and then "the pool dries out" :D

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2003 at 09:13 (GMT -5)

thank s for the advice,

i tried drinking in pool on bday but pool dried up, found an amulet of life saving though

btw, anybody ever go through a room that changed points from learning to strength and from willpower to toughness....im not sure how it happened....

only ever got points of learning from strength and new points in charisma

except it' s "she".....

<< is all girly
Wolf
Registered user
Almost as cool as toast.

Last page view:

7667 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 00:44 (GMT -5)

There's a room that says something about images of books and comfortable chairs that fade away. When you get that message you lose one point of strength and gain one point of learning.

Not sure about exchanges between willpower and toughness - I don't believe I've ever seen it happen. Sure you didn't drink a potion of exchange? That could do it.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5778 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 04:21 (GMT -5)

Or possibly a potion of balance? Firestorm, a potion of exchange switches your stats around, so you might have Ma 7 and St 25 before drinking it and Ma 25 and St 7 afterwards (nasty!). The message is "You feel altered."

A potion of balance sometimes adjusts your stats towards the average, so you might go from Ma 7 and St 25 to Ma 8 and St 24. The message is "You feel balanced."

Does either of those sound like what happened to your stats?
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

nope, definitely sure i didnt drink potion of exchange or balance. or felt "altered" (i havent played a lot but i know about potions of exchange)

i lost one point of learning to strength in that room only , was full of hell hounds, the only message i got was " this seems to be a dull room" but ive been through those rooms before in the infinite dungeon and nothing happened

but im thinking maybe it's like the charisma room, your appearance has to be at a certain level to gain that 1 charisma point and my learning was at 52 when i walked into that dull room....only thing i could think of.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3129 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

Dull room abuses your Le if you stay too long. The St increase must have been normal, gained from training (the constant increase, like from Athletics, carrying stuff and, sometimes, without any reason ;P )

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: