Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Bipolar

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1657 days, 8 hours, 25 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

My epathany has been perscribed as me having bipolar. They were giving me meds and it was a horrible 3 years. I was in a psych ward twice (Those places are BUGGERRED!!!) I was reflecting (and having a nice upshot in my mood) and I thought I'd post this on a few forums.

With bipolar you go from suicidal to maniac in seconds

They SAY with meds it will come you down but that's bullshit. Meds might calm you down but they might zombify you too (damn near lost my diploma to the fucking things.)

I'm in a manic phase. Could you tell?

I'm not sure what it is but I have a VERY skewed logic. My thinking is WAY off center. It could be the bipolar or my unique little way of thinking. Dunno which.

Back to bipolar.

What I found out works best is to find something to calm you down/pep you up that works naturally. for me it's music (downer and upper dependingon who I listen to) and video games (although that's more anger management.)

My opinion on ALL psychological problems is that if your mind can fix it, let it. Drugs weaken your mind just like steralizing and flu shots weaken your immune system. Keep your mind going. THINK!!! Even with the pot, crack, heroin, lsd, prozac, lithium, paxcil, etc. you should be able to do that much.

Bugger. It's 5:00 AM. Time to sleep.

You also get REALLY strange sleeping patterns with bipolar I think.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

Isn't flu shots supposed to BOOST your imune system against flu viruses?

Anyway you are right that the purely psycoligical problems can never be fixed by drugs, you can pup depressed people full of endorphins to keep them "happy", but it doesn't cure the underlying problem...

In some cases psyhological problems is caused by physical problems, like chemical inbalance in the brain and things like that (alzheimers for example)... In those cases you can't realy "think" your way out, so drugs is required to restore balance. It might not fix the underlying problem in those cases either, but it's the only alternative...

Drugs won't weaken your mind IMHO (well some might kill off a few brain cells), they might weaken your liver or cause other side effects, however they will rarely "fix" the problems either, just supress the worst sympthoms so you can function problery... It's an easy "fix" though, so it's quite probably overly used because of lack of time to explore other options.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: