Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / What da bloody hell precrownin

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7187 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

... that is??? I had FARSLAYER, and i'm a WIZARD!!! WHAT THE HELL??!!Fortuanately i've been testing something, and i had save of this game, but after i "scummed" (i don't consider it scumming) i had Executor, and then Tome! Only now i had SoAM. It's legal, ok?

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 3 hours, 3 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

No, it's not legitimate game play. It's the same thing as if you were drinking from pools and always loaded a previous game if you got something bad or the pool dried up. But it is your game you can do anything with it.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 14:41 (GMT -5)

hmm, there was a few posts before about cheating vs non cheating

i dont get it.....isnt cheating = anything that involves "giving you an unfair advantage" ie, backing up your game in case you dont like something about it, like umm i dunno......... pools........i know non cheat sucks sometimes like when you die from a stone block hitting your head (happens to a lot of elf wizards snif) but i think its funny when people just say "i dont cheat but umm im glad i had that backup cos my character died from a stone block" anyway.enough of a rant.......

i thought the crowning gifts were "fixed" like there was a specific list of gifts you might get like a wizard's list would would be the staff of the archmagi + 4 similar type gifts wizards might find useful and then it would be random as to which one of the 4 or 5 potentials the wizard might get crowned with......last couple of times i got crowned i got the brannabil cloak but then i did get the hammer of the gods on pre crowning one time so i dunno.....
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

Pre-crowning is not class-dependent!
You just get a random artefact, not one of the 5 for your class.
My Dwarven Barbarian once got Staff of the Archmagi... that makes your wizard lucky, doesn't it? ;P

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Lazy C
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 17:57 (GMT -5)

I *was* going for a fair game until... *I am Failable!* The treasure hunter died of a cave tiger's bite, how promising! Well! Now I will play a grey-elf once more ("I don't care no more humans!" ---quote Bill (was hillarious!!)! Really I don't care *any* more about humans in ADOM)
(I wanted an avatar (for HOF), too bad! f!) Never found a single artifact! Man! I hate the cats in adom.

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 3/6/2003 at 18:01 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6296 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 12:20 (GMT -5)

Alright I have another treasure hunter.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: