Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / ADOM Endings

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

4912 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

I have a question...just exactly WHAT happens in the ending?You become a hero?You save the world?The game ends?I'm curious.

Boredom ceases bladder.
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7661 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 08:44 (GMT -5)

there are several endings that you can do. although i have never actually completed the game my friend has done each ending. like avatar of order, avator of balance, chaos god, closing the portal etc.. i don't know how many there are but i believe that the game ends and you get most of the same messages as if you died like making a memorial file. -Botched
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3132 days, 7 hours, 5 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

It depends.
If you just close the gate (normal victory) you have to leave the Draclor(that's how you spell it?) Chain to win. If you are severly corrupted, you will live your life in solitude.

If not, you will become the ruler of your race, be happy, people will love you etc,

If you become an Avatar of Order, you will destroy all Chaos AND balance, so only Order will have a right to live. People will be happy, but bored.

If you become an Avatar of Balance, you will destroy the power of Chaos, so there will be a balance in world. Everyone will be happy, and have a right to choose, as long, as they will not unbalance the world ;)

A ChAoS gOd will have to regain his strenght after the battle with Andor. When he does that, a hero will come and kill him (nice ending, no?).

An UlTiMaTe ChAoS gOd will invade the world, his hordes will easly conquer the planet. And then he will conquer the universe. After that, he will realise, that he lost his home.

That's all, right? I didn't miss some other victories, did I?

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 at 02:13 (GMT -5)

I heard that after you finished the game,you can still roam around and stuff..err..sorta.

Boredom ceases bladder.
TBD
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 at 04:56 (GMT -5)

Anarchy: Indeed, you don't need to leave DC after closing the gate. If you like you can still roam around, get stuff and improve the char. That's what I did with my superhuman wiz. I spent a lot of time raising ALL his stats to 99 (without boosting, that is) and speed to some 600+ (there is the victory post in RGRA, check out SuperMan the human wizard). Yes, it was deadly boring. No, I don't think I'm gonna do it again anytime soon.

OTOH, if one becomes a chaos god or an avatar of foo the game ends right there.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3132 days, 7 hours, 5 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 at 09:27 (GMT -5)

I said, that to win, you have to leave the Chain. You don't have to do that, but winning the game means finishing it. So - you can finish any time you want, after closing the gate. Close the gate, enjoy your corruption-free environment, have fun. Or leave the chain and get bonus points for a quick victory.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5679 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 at 11:51 (GMT -5)

You don't need to exit the drakalor chain to count as a win. If you die after closing the gate your ending says something like: "he was killed by a rat (after winning)". That's logical, really. Your goal is to close the gate and after you've done that, what does it really matter what happens to you?
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3770 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 at 07:25 (GMT -5)

Killed by a rat, huh? Musta been SmC :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 at 08:22 (GMT -5)

or far down in the infinite cave. heres a challenge for those that beat the game and want to try for a great challenge if you think your invincible! try to get to the bottom of the infinite cave (yes there is a bottom to it) i haven't gotten to the bottom but my friend tried to do it and got down 500 levels before dieing. but he hacked the game at one point and found an odd entry in the code for the inifinite cave. apparently at the bottom you meat thomas biskup and he says "thou art a cheater!" if your wearing an amulet of life saving it explodes and he deals the thousand hand pimp slap to you and kills you in one hit. we'll see if anyone can do it! -Botched
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3770 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 at 11:15 (GMT -5)

Hmmm.... rumor? :)

I've heard that "thou art a cheater!" message comes from people who hack into save files and then try to play again. Or is that the "run out of luck" message?...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 at 11:33 (GMT -5)

thats run out of luck. and it curses all your items. -Botched
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5679 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 at 14:42 (GMT -5)

And scatters your items all over the level and makes monster generation faster and generates deadlier monsters and makes your attacks do very little damage if any among other things...

So if you want to cheat, play 0.9.9g16pr2.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 at 18:24 (GMT -5)

oR PLAY 1.O AND BACK UP FILES!
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 at 02:06 (GMT -5)

Will someone give me a svg. file of a character that won??

Boredom ceases bladder.
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

Make sure it's an ADOM 1.11 char..

Boredom ceases bladder.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: