Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Score Imbalance

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 7 hours, 22 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 21:56 (GMT -5)

Something that's always annoyed me about ADOM is the imbalance in the score system. Avatars (and UCG's) get significantly less points than winners most of the time. The problem is that leaving the Chain after you win causes the score to be doubled (again). Avatars never leave the Chain, so the score isn't doubled that second time. It makes sense to me that Avatars should get more points than regular winners since finishing the game that way is MUCH more difficult.

I would suggest making the score double for Avatars (in addition to the first doubling for finishing the game), and then doubling the score again. This might at least balance the system to where successful Avatars and UCG's usually get more points than regular winners.

What do you think?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 33 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 at 08:22 (GMT -5)

IMO also you should get a higher score if you manage an ultimate ending. I think you should also get a higher score for a regular chaos god ending than a normal game but not as high as an ultimate ending. Anyone know if any RFE's have been made to TB about the score system?
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: