Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Instakilled!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 at 23:19 (GMT -5)

Yep, it finally happened. I say it like Im proud! I was past the Dwarven Halls, walking around. I was buff, had dug up Ironfist Gauntlets in the graveyard.

I had explored all of level 14 or whatever it was except for one room. It was dark in there. I checked my bag, but no correct wands or scrolls or gems. So I walked in. Killed maybe 6 or 7 monsters before wondering to myself what i was killing.

I walked out to see what would follow me, and there were chaos servants! Oh no, I hadn't killed Khelevaster, had I? SO I walked back in to check.

Unfortunately, I walked right into the open jaws of a 'slavering grue'. He instakilled me, and I died. Apparently, I was doomed, because I killed someone in the dark.

Imagine being on a quest, coming fairly far, and accidently killing your rendevous agent in the dark. What a career.

Who else has been instakilled?

Hi Im Rob, and Im addicted to ADOM.
Almost a year of playing, 5 unscummed wins, 3 wands of wishing, and one declining GPA.

Help Me! I cant sleep!

the biz
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5768 days, 18 hours, 1 minute and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

Didn't you have any amulets of light (they always look like glass amulets)? What about torches and the equipment for lighting them?

Also, I don't think killing Khelavaster dooms you. Could you have been doomed some other way? Also, how would walking back into the dark room help you determine whether you'd killed him or not? Just check your kill list for 1 dying sage.

I've been instakilled too. Once a baby karmic dragon sacrificed me on a chaotic altar (I didn't know dragons could do that). Once I lost a wonderful orcish assassin after a critical hit from a ghost king took him from 18 to 54 years old. I suppose technically that wasn't an instakill because I had one round to drink a potion of youth if only I had had one.
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

In hind sight, those are all lovely ideas. Either way, I am going to assume that it was too late given the size of the room. Since staircases are never against walls, I had already run him over. No biggie tho, chars come and go. I have a gnomish bard now, I love em!

C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

Wow, that never happened to me, still somethings I don't know about. (I was once sacrificed by a ancient karamic dragon (was near an altar, he was hostile))

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: