Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / What do you do When you got...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

7476 days, 2 hours, 10 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 02:56 (GMT -5)

...a maniac chasing after you.

Well, not really a maniac, but an overly jealous boyfriend.

Alright, I have has this friend (girl) for two years.

This boyfriend came into her life like 2-3 months ago, when she broke up with another one.

Okay, now, the problem he has with me is that I'm doing what I have been doing with her for the past year, teasing and making jokes. The boyfriend interpetates that this is "flirting" and came up to me saying that he would kill me if I don't back off.

Now, beside the obvious fact that I think this new boyfriend took advantage of her when she just broke up with the old one (who, imo, was a great guy, they were just in differnt schools), I would think that this guy would be harmful to my friend.

The thing is, this guy looks dangerous, and I'm not one to be capable of defending myself.

So should I back off? or try to tell my friend? or am I thinking to much and should just see what happens?

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't"
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1661 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 03:43 (GMT -5)

Ooh. That's a pisser. hmmm.....

Depends on the specs of the guy compared to the specs of you (height weight etc.)

I'd take her aside and talk ter her (+1 le j/k) Let her know your suspicions about her new "friend"

Be friendly though. Don't be an ass about it.

That's my opinion.

Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4703 days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 09:12 (GMT -5)

If what you describe actually happenned, there is no question in my mind: Tell your friend about it.

Don't talk to her about him taking advantage of her or about her old boyfriend, but do tell her that this j@ck@$$ threatened you and is trying to make controlling decisions about her life -- That isn't a suspicion; it is a fact.

Being insecure about a new relationship is normal, but if he were a decent guy, he would have talked to her about it.

The only tricky bit would be how to broach the subject with her, but if you have been friends that long, it shouldn't be a problem.
Uncle Ned
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

Kick im in the nuts!
Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

7476 days, 2 hours, 10 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 17:47 (GMT -5)

Yeah, that's the problem, I've been debating with myself on how to approach her. Someone suggested a radical approach by purposely dropping our conversation with each other significantly, and tell her when she asks. Not so sure on that one though.

I could kick him in the nuts, but as said before, I'm not much of a fighter, and he's like a barbarian.

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't"
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4703 days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 23:35 (GMT -5)

Personally, I don't like playing games. "Drop conversation, and get her to ask . . ." Heh, it sounds like you two actually are in a romantic relationship.

How about telling her: "Jane, can I talk to you about something? I think it is rather important and that you would want to know . . ."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: