Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / random problem

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Snail
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

I sat opposite this beautiful female in the library working on computers, about 19 or so and she's stroking her hair looking gorgous. Which is alright, but I cannot talk to her.
The main reason for this is that I have nothing to say but I really want to see her again even if it's just for friendship.
This seems like a strange problem but feeling trapped and un-free like this makes the better part of life just simply slip away.
My name states the speed of which I charge at my golden oppurtunities in life, so far every one seems to slip away just because I cannot take that small leap of faith.

Can anyone offer sage advice?
Iridia...
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

Well, talk to her, silly! I'm a girl myself, and I've never been opposed to people just saying hi to me. Unless they're total weirdos... which you're probably not... we hope, at least :)
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1661 days, 1 hour, 12 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 20:15 (GMT -5)

I run into that problem on the rare occaison that I can see a girl.

Either fate will intervene, or you have to MAKE it intervene.

I found this nice girl sitting across the way at my lunchtime once and, as luck had it, I ended up taking her to the senior ball.

tres' bizzare

"I always have writer's block unless I don't"
Terry Brooks: Ask Terry

Snail
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 04:08 (GMT -5)

I love it when fate gives you a nudge closer, weather it's a situation or that randomly involves you both, or an object of interest that starts off the conversation which in turn breaks the ice, so to speak.

The difficult part is MAKING you own intervention. Saying Hi is great advise, but what after that? A long pause of silence can be most discomforting. I guess I could ask her name but along the line I feel like I shold be making a point out of talking to her.
It's annoying how everyone else seems to have had secret lessons on how to talk to girls and they've missed me out.
Uncle Ned
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

Don't be such a wimp! Females love confidence, just get stuck in and learn from your experience. Be it good or bad.
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4703 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

Well, I can only speak from the male side, so, ladies, feel free to correct me.
Snail: First, stop deluding yourself. You don't want to know her only for friendship. You don't even know what she is like. Your are physically and romantically attracted to her and you are hoping that, additionaly, she is a nice person.

So don't talk to her to be friends or for romance. Talk to her to get to know her. How about putting your books at the terminal next to her and saying: "Hi, I've seen you here a couple times. My name is Snail." As for what to say afterwards . . . You are hoping she is a nice person, so how do you find out? Ask and then listen. What is she studying at that computer? Where else have you seen her? What are her extra-curriculars? Her interests? Music? Movies? Lots to say.

Maybe she blows you off immediately (I'm sorry, I have to study; I have to go; I have a boyfriend; etc.) So what? At least you'll have her name to say hello if you see her again. You can always close honestly: "Ah well, I just wanted to say 'Hi.' I'll see you around." and get back to your books.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/8/2003 at 14:28 (GMT -5) by Caladriel]
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

P.S. and remember to smile. :-)
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 16:45 (GMT -5)

P.P.S. More important: Remember to breathe
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7317 days, 5 hours, 28 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 at 18:23 (GMT -5)

Also another good tip is to practice talking to lots of people, even if you don't really want to. This will promote your social muscles and make it easier to talk to those who you'd normally find it hard to.

LS

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: