Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM Challenge

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

4900 days, 14 hours, 41 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 00:43 (GMT -5)

I'm kinda bored now so can anybody give me a challenge to do(besides the ones in andy william's page)?

Boredom ceases bladder.
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 04:02 (GMT -5)

PLEASE?

Boredom ceases bladder.
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7423 days, 41 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 04:31 (GMT -5)

Challenge? Other than dark elf merchant? Have you tried any item restriction challenges? Like use only daggers or slings or scythes as weapons and so on. They are not too hard, but make things a bit more complicated.

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:35 (GMT -5)

Well,I tried only using only rocks as a weapon.It's not too bad,actually.

Boredom ceases bladder.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5768 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 10:13 (GMT -5)

Have you tried true and pure paragon of Order (basically, do nothing chaotic for the entire game)? That's a hard challenge which no-one has yet achieved AFAIK. My even harder variation on it is to be a paragon of order who also does every possible good deed:

Spoiler

Save the puppy, the mad carpenter and Khelavaster, and reunite Blup with his mum.

If you'd rather be evil, there's "true and pure paragon of chaos" - never commit a lawful act.

(Sadly, ultimate endings require both lawful and chaotic acts, so a paragon of order cannot achieve a ULE, and a paragon of chaos cannot become a UCG.)
.Iridia
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 20:50 (GMT -5)

Hmm, there oughta be an artifact for paragons of chaos...
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6324 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 02:18 (GMT -5)

Hmm... The true paragon of chaos is even harder than paragon of order. Killing dragons and all other "bad" monsters are lawful acts.

Well, playing with rocks is too easy. Just start a hurtling archer. :)

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

Actually, killing "bad" (chaotic) monsters is only a lawful act if they're significantly stronger than you. A paragon of chaos could make his pets or slaves kill all the tough bad guys. Of course, that would mean trouble with gaining experience, but you could get some from killing relatively weak monsters, and some from tough lawfuls or neutrals (Blup's mum, and maybe shopkeepers).

Paragons of order have trouble because killing blink dogs is chaotic, even in self-defence.
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 03:26 (GMT -5)

Just run away from the blink dogs like you would with cats. But if it summons more blink dogs...well, just run to the nearest staircase!!
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7303 days, 21 hours, 1 minute and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

Actually, it's technically possible to be a true and pure paragon of order ULE, just start a chaotic PC, get the crown (or medal, or scepter, or whatever you get from that old crone), then turn lawful, and then get the other things, then come an kill me (I doubt it) thus avoiding comitting chaotic acts.

Personally i don't know why you want to, ChAoS is much more fun and is obviously the correct point of view.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 06:12 (GMT -5)

Unfortunately, getting the medal from the old crone is a chaotic act in and of itself. On completing her final quest, I have often got the message "You feel as if transgressing some law." That's why there can be no true and pure paragon of order ULE.

True and pure paragon of chaos UCG is also impossible, because saving Khelavaster is a lawful act, and no-one else knows how to summon the Trident. (Actually, has anyone tested that last statement? Maybe give the crumpled scroll to the Chaos Archmage instead?)
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7303 days, 21 hours, 1 minute and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 00:10 (GMT -5)

THe hardest one of all would be the "true and pure paragon of balance" : never commit any lawful OR chaotic acts

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

Impossible. Dwarven quests drag you towards lawful.

First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

Don't do them then.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

Oh yes, you can always slaughter the whole dwarf town to handle that lever. I always seem to forget that. I suck at evil.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

Well no, a paragon of balance can't slaughter Dwarftown, but they can teleport Thrundarr off the lever.

One problem with paragons of balance would be that they can't sacrifice much. Say if you started at N+, a large sacrifice at a neutral altar would drag you towards N=, which is forbidden by Andor Drakon's rules.

Another possible rule for the paragon of balance would be that your acts must draw you towards perfectly balanced neutrality. So if you're lawful, chaotic acts are allowed, and if you're chaotic, lawful acts are allowed. It just seems strange for a paragon of balance to be stuck at their initial unbalanced alignment.
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 11:40 (GMT -5)

And how about killing dragons? Isn't that considered a lawful act? Won't it pull neutral PCs to L?
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 11:57 (GMT -5)

I think dragons are tough chaotic monsters, which is why killing them is considered lawful. Again, you could theoretically feed them to your pets or slaves.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 13:00 (GMT -5)

Those true and pure paragon challenges sound about as lame as getting your char to 99 in all stats, 30000 spells with max efficiency grand mastery in all weapon skills etc. Boring.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

7570 days, 23 hours, 51 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 20:25 (GMT -5)

agreed
My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

I'm bored I might try the pure paragon of law game.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: