Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / New here

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Foenix Phyre
Registered user
Novice Elementalist

Last page view:

7612 days, 2 hours, 40 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 at 07:51 (GMT -5)

Hi Everyone

I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. Well not just that. I have a couple questions. Is about 60,000 points good for a gray elf elementalist who has been playing for a month or so. I completed the puppy dog quest (with a dog corpse anyway) and the quest for the carpenter. What is a good idea to go do after those two quests are completed?

Thanks

"I was lined up for glory
But the tickets sold out in advance"
Rush~"The Way The Big Wheel Spins"
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1657 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 at 11:43 (GMT -5)

I always go to the small cave afterwards (levels and good items aplenty.)

It's rare to survive the trip but boy when you do.

Khoth
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 05:42 (GMT -5)

After I am level 5 or so, I rarely go into the small cave without invisibility and teleportation with control. It's just too lethal. I'd recommend getting some food and hiking over the the Caverns of Chaos next (Middle of the map, the first level is called D: 1)
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6323 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

Well, I always do the carpenter first, then the puppy cave and then decent down from the small village dungeon and after I've got to the remote mountain village, I'll decent to caverns of chaos, or do the pyramid if I have some fire spells.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

7618 days, 9 hours, 59 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 09:58 (GMT -5)

hmm.... I'm playing a Lv. 16 drakish Barbarian...
Done both of the Quests that where posted here.
I don't have any Corruption YET, but as soon as I go too far in any Cave, I'll get one because of already beeing too long in those Caves...
So what to do?
Get a corruption or .... what ever ..... ^^
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

Yeah, get a corruption, you can do nothing about it, except the things that have been already said in the corruption thread you posted yesterday.

boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 10:56 (GMT -5)

so just don't mind the corruption and remove it later, yeah?
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 11:51 (GMT -5)

Yup.

boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 11:59 (GMT -5)

and would you please tell me where to look for those corpses, the Druid can make to Potions?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2003 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

Posted an answer here: http://adom.brinkster.net/forum/messages.asp?thread=1718&start=15203&page=1&tmp=15239
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2003 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

BTW, corruptions to look out for.

poison hands
mana battery
corrupted tissue heals faster
muscles stiffen

You'll find out why... :)
Honza Linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 02:56 (GMT -5)

I play Adom for about 6 months. Now I usually choose high elf and ranger - they say it is quite hard character... my approach is the same as Crimson King´s one... the carpenter´s quest, then puppy, then remote village d., but it is soo lethal and so I often go rather to Caverns of chaos... BTW, in the last 2 weeks I managed to get to animated forest only once... sorry for my English:-)
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

Another bad corruption is the unholy aura. If you get it don't go shopping 'cause you'll scare the customers away and the shopkeeper will start pounding on your ass. Also if you've got the mana battery corruption don't go draining charges out of shops' wands and get yourself debts you can't pay(speaking from experience).

Honza, remember that rangers get some missile weapons and that elves have good dex so they are good shots with bows, so remember to use missile weapons! The biggest mistake I used to do (still do almost all the time) is not bothering to train missile skills. Missile weapons are useful for all characters, late game you get tons of slaying ammo which are very powerful.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/3/2003 at 05:16 (GMT -5) by J.]
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 06:55 (GMT -5)

On the unholy aura corruption--> sometimes the shopkeeper gets angry even if you don't go inside their shop. Just as long as someone gets scared and the shopkeeper sees you, then your dead meat! I think something should be done to this unreasonable response of the shopkeepers...
Honza Linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

To J.: thanks for a tip, I am gonna think of that. But must say that half of my deaths happened in the wilderness (*very* regularly at 10th level or so, grr :-). In encirclement the missile weapons suck...

Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 17:16 (GMT -5)

?
I don't think I've lost any charactors to the wilderness since, well, at my grandma's house- that would have been about 6 months ago, and I had just started... what kills you?
Thaimou
Registered user

Last page view:

6942 days, 1 hour and 48 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

When i have maded those 2 quests I usually first go to infinite dungeon to gain some exp, then to the Cavern Of Chaos to do quests to Dwarves.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 21 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 03:53 (GMT -5)

Barbarian bands are a pain in the @ss in the beginning, and after lvl 15 Dorn Beasts and Air Elementals (50 DV) can be killers

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 08:14 (GMT -5)

Remember to stay off the road to the pyramid. You encounter many monsters there, which often come in such big hoardes you can't run away from them. Though gnoll warbands are good for scumming pre/suffixed axes...

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3758 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 21:27 (GMT -5)

I wouldn't go onto the road until you've finished the Pyramid with no problems, or acheived level 17 so it's closed. I play spellcasters, though, so I guess a stronger character could use the gnoll warbands earlier. And the skeletons are good; I usually fight at least one group of them so I can get bones for blink-dog taming.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 21 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 06:29 (GMT -5)

Yea, but scumming for axes/bones is kind of dangerous in 1.11 - one gnoll band is about 15-30 gnolls. And everyone knows what happens when you kill too much monsters of one kind...

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

7570 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

gnolls stay easy pretty much no matter what though.

My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 16:38 (GMT -5)

Gnolls don't stay any easier than any other monster in adom after couple hundred kills of the same type... But I've never had to scum gnolls so much that they've got tough.

Honza Linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 03:01 (GMT -5)

My deaths in the wilderness were caused mainly by barbarians and jackals (I have read that jackals get experienced too quickly in version 1.1.1 - any opinions?)
But I must admit that now I have almost no problems in the wilderness - thanks to J., missile weapons are great... (e.g. barbarian group - I kill them all with bow without a melee contact, hehe)
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 09:03 (GMT -5)

Not only jackals but every monster type gets stronger the more you kill them. Jackals are just a typical example because you meet lots of them in the wilderness and jackalweres are also plenty. Wolves(summoned by werewolves of many kinds) and chaos servants are other common creatures that you tend to kill several hundreds in a typical game.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: