Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / MMORPG.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6326 days, 23 hours, 1 minute and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 at 17:59 (GMT -5)

<General chitchat about mmorpgs to this topic>
Do you happen to know any good Mmorpgs, that can be run on 466mh? :)

I was hooked to myth of soma for a while, kept a year break, come back and what do I find - A game full of utter crap. Well, look at the top. :)

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1660 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 05:38 (GMT -5)

I just bought ultima online.

There are free mmorpg's but they suck.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2003 at 17:34 (GMT -5)

I think Meridian 59 should work (it's from 1996, has a Daggerfall-ish look to it)

I also used to hang out at a place called The Realm for a while, that one should work nicely (just 2D stuff, one screen at a time).

Those kinds of games tend to suck to a bit too much online time for me (still on dialup), so I tend to stick with browser based strategy games... Currently I'm only playing Space, wich is very good, except the odd cataclysmic bugs whenever they try to implement something new, and the fact that it's "real time" (the game advances a "tick" every hour wether you are online or not), so it can take it's toll on your sleep sycle when things start to heat up :)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/1/2003 at 17:40 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

7475 days, 18 hours, 10 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 23:24 (GMT -5)

Try Neverwinter Nights, it uses AD&D rules (no psiconics though :( ).

The Single player would keep you busy for maybe a week or so (then it gets boring, unless, of course, you feel like hacking and slashing)

Multiplayer, with a good DM, is really fun. I just love Sneak Attacking other players then running for my life while his/her whole party chases after me.

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't"
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

NWN is cool, but I doubht he could run it on a 466 Mhz computer :P

[RANT]
Personaly I've never understod the big atraction of AD&D rules in computer games (NWN uses D20 rules or 3G or whatever it's called actualy, and only "loosly")... IMHO they are cumbersome, underalistic ("only a ranger can wield this stick" WTF!) and un-intuitive most of the time (there are some good points to naturaly (mainly that they are "tried and tested"))... Besides you can never fully implement half of those rules properly in a computer game anyway, they where just never intended to...
[/RANT]

Um anyway, good game :P

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6326 days, 23 hours, 1 minute and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

Actully NWN runs for me perfectly... I just've tested only a cracked version of it, so don't know about the multiplayer. :o)

So, you suggest I should like, errm what the thing is called, and, eh, buy it?

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/5/2003 at 18:40 (GMT -5) by Crimson King]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

Oh... Guess it depend more on the graphics card than your CPU then...

You'll need a unique CD key to play online (they check it when you logg on, if they detect multiples you'll be locked out)...

There are thousands of player made modules out there to play in single player, but I hear it's a lot of fun to play online and there are a number of "persistant worlds" out there too that's almost like a mini MMORPG (minus the "massive" part that is, max 64 or someting players on any one server at once).

I bought it and even though I haven't played online yet (dual ISDN is barely enough to keep up, and it's not to popular to hog both phone lines at home) I haven't regreted it (to much)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 17:16 (GMT -5)

If you can run NWN just find I think you should be eable to run almost any MMORPG out there though, most of them are not THAT demaning...

I was for example eable to run Mankind on my old computer, though it lagged like hell and used forever to load up the over-populated emperial systems where everyone kept parking theyr armadas when they where not online (figure it was mostly my connection though)...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: