Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / survival

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

diablo2
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

i think this skill would qualify as the best one cause i usually starve to death in the wilderness
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7437 days, 5 hours, 36 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

Yeah and those plant seeds are the MOST useful item in the game... NOT!

eat jackals, orcs, big dogs etc and u won't starve... food issue is always solved w/ cooked lizards from the arena traders...or stomafillias

Icesus
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7533 days, 13 hours, 3 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 19:28 (GMT -5)

Using survival to keep you fed is not good in the long run, since it takes too much time and you get the background corruption kicking in too soon.

Plant seeds are good stuff..you can sell them, eat them, or get crowned with them =D

But once you get some money, establish a base somewhere (dwarf town's forge is great place if you kill the smith, close the door and NO ONE will come in. Then take your cash, rush to buy food from the food shop in Teriyno(sp?)).

Also Food Preservation skill is very useful and I usually use a wish to get it if I don't have it.

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
DIablo02
Registered user

Last page view:

7622 days, 14 hours and 13 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 19:47 (GMT -5)

what is a cooked lizard roughly equal to?

The motto for my troll: See it, Smell it, Eat it!
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7437 days, 5 hours, 36 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

Check for food nutrition levels @ ADOM Guidebook Food section.
U should always check from there before asking @ forum. Unless some new info is revealed ;-)

Icesus
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 19:12 (GMT -5)

I have absolutely no problem with food, even if I'm playing a troll. After making the first kill, dipping into the SmC, and doing the Puppy Quest, I immediately go to the Arena and buy out the cooked lizards with the money I get for killing things. :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
diablo2
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 23:03 (GMT -5)

but im pretty sure you guys know my troll healer who has poison hands so he has to eat 2-3 lizzes to equal 1 lizard. the lizard seller didnt have any left wen does she restock? yeah i love her too i bought 100-200 of them until she didnt have anymore
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 05:30 (GMT -5)

You have foor preservation at 100 don't you? You also have herbalism. If you can't keep your character fed with corpses, cooked lizards and stomafillias then you're pretty much screwed as there isn't much else you can do.

For a class that practically can't starve play a hurthling monk (food pres, cooking, halved food consumption) next time :)

I don't find trolls to be that hard to keep fed. They find lots of corpses. A harder class to keep fed would be a dwarven druid as all animals are neutral, you can't eat orcs and you don't have food preservation. That might be a problem early game. You shouldn't be walking around strained with artifacts and rings of invisibility if you don't want to get hungry.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/12/2003 at 05:33 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 07:53 (GMT -5)

Actually, dwarven druids aren't nearly that hard to feed, not as hard as any troll... I play them quite often, because they're tougher than most spellcasters. Since animals are non-hostile, they'll fight other monsters and either kill the monster (possibly leaving a corpse) or get themselves killed (also possibly leaving a corpse). They also have the Survival skill, which is very necessary if you've just gotten into the wilderness with no food and Very Hungry status, which happens often if you attempt the Puppy Quest. I've found that the weaker a race is (except for trolls), the harder it is to feed, because you're killing things more slowly, and consequently finding gold and corpses more slowly.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

Hmm, that could be true, I don't play spellcasters all that much I was just making an assumption. I myself keep trolls fed more easily than other races who don't have food preservation.
Might just be that I'm used to them 'cause I used trolls A LOT when I was new. Nowadays I NEVER use trolls because leveling up has been slowed down and I don't have the patience to get them to lvl 50:)

Completely OT but speaking of the puppy quest: yesterday I started a gnomish bard. Got the heir 7LB. Got the quests from terinyo, leveled up to 6 in ID:1&2, dived for the carpenter, brought him to jharod and went back down to check out all of VD:7, got back to terinyo to get the other lawful boost from the elder, and after that went after the puppy. Gametime was something like 2d 12h when I entered the puppy cave and day 3 starting when I found the puppy. 7LBs kind of make you spend less game time don't you think :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: