Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / The Deep Rift

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7102 days, 16 hours, 21 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 at 21:42 (GMT -5)

Ok, One last question. I know this question has probably been asked before but what do you need to do to go down the deep rift. My climbing skill is at 100 but it still won't let me down.

(:
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6327 days, 10 hours and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 at 03:23 (GMT -5)

You also need 20+ Willpower, or less than 6 (?) perception.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7539 days, 4 hours, 7 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

From Andy Williams' page:
The Rift is a wilderness location found in the northwestern mountains, southeast of the dungeon containing the Tomb of the High Kings. The PC must meet several requirements in order to enter it. A climbing set is required (although ADOM 1.0.0 and g16p2, at least, have a bug which causes this to be ignored) and the Climbing skill must be at 100. The PC must be at least experience level 18. If the experience level requirement is not met, the game responds with: "You do not feel experienced enough for this daunting task." Willpower must be at least 20 OR Perception must be less than six.

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7102 days, 16 hours, 21 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 at 20:51 (GMT -5)

Any ideas on how to lower perception or raise will power? I have the amulet of order. Will that help? Thanks.

(:
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5772 days, 57 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 04:15 (GMT -5)

You raise Willpower by eating morgia roots. Eat four at a time, then don't eat any more until your Willpower has gone up (your Toughness will go up too). See the Guidebook for more details about herbs.

If you have the Water Orb, just equip it for +10 Willpower. Don't worry, holding it won't corrupt you.

The amulet of order doesn't affect Willpower, but draws your alignment towards lawful.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 06:55 (GMT -5)

Just a note: raising willpower with morgia roots is a whole lot easier than lowering perception and also a much much better choice. You might not think that perception is that important but I HATE to start with trolls, orcs or dwarves with Pe:10 or so. They see two or three squares in the dungeon max and that's highly irritating.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

7580 days, 17 hours, 41 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 18:32 (GMT -5)

Hey, about that amulet of order. whenever i wear it, my neck starts itching, and one time i was killed by it. whats the deal?

"What is this 'brain' that you speak of? Where can I get one?"
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
"You're still alive??!! But I paid them so much..."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 4 hours, 6 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 19:39 (GMT -5)

Amulets of order pull your alignment toward law, and will cause your neck to itch if you're neutral, and actually cause damage if you're chaotic.

If you've got very low perception already, an orcish helmet will lower perception by a couple of points.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 03:41 (GMT -5)

Amulets of order are more effective when you're at a low level. At higher levels like 40+ you'll have to wait for ages to get any kind of change in your alignment and at some stage they'll stop working(I still think they'll damage you if you're chaotic though).

Malte Helmert has done a study on how they work. Anyone wanna guess where to find it?

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/10/2003 at 03:42 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

7574 days, 3 hours, 11 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

Duh, in the forums?

My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

7580 days, 17 hours, 41 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 22:37 (GMT -5)

Hmmm... So order amulets give alignment, eh... Well, no use to me! (Sells it to munxip)

"What is this 'brain' that you speak of? Where can I get one?"
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
"You're still alive??!! But I paid them so much..."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: