Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Learning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6665 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 09:27 (GMT -5)

#1 How does it affect skills? I know the more you have, the more skills you get, but is it like every 10 learning is another skill point or something?
#2 What's a fairly easy way to raise it?

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Orc Man v2
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

If you have over 10 learning, every 5 learning that you get will add a skill to your picks.

The easiest way to train it if your learning is very low is to read spellbooks, but that doesnt seem to work if you learning is over 10, at least not for me. The only other way to raise it is by eating certain corpses, drinking potions of learning and Using blessed crystals of knowledge
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 10:25 (GMT -5)

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 6/16/2003 at 10:27 (GMT -5) by Jurne]
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7532 days, 23 hours, 26 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 14:08 (GMT -5)

Reading scrolls and books helps.

The blessed crystals work only to 25 I think or to 20.

The trainer in dwarf town can train it too (not sure though).

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7436 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

The dwarf can train it, if u have the dough. Costs more for trolls (surprise!) and the efficient gold amount goes up pretty quick after stat is >15. Check the formula in guidebook..

And don't forget blessed potions of gain attributes! Can be obtained semi-easily w/ pet: Go to outlaw village. Give 50$ to all beggars, until they drop a potion (of booze), let your pet kill all beggars, muggers, cutpurses, bandits etc, who aren't hostile to u. Then go and give potions to yggaz the fool in terinyo, with good luck (both game and real-life!) he'll drop PoGA or education! Then bless the useful potions (of cooz). Go back to outlaw villa and donate some more money and so on... (this message is probably ment for newbies...:-P )

Icesus
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

Is it just luck what Yggaz gives? Cause it seemed like everytime I gave him a boozey he would throw me a potion of invisibilty (which was nice for stealing from the Barnabus or w/e his name is)
And why would I kill the beggers? O_o Don't I want to keep them alive so I can get all their potions?

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 09:32 (GMT -5)

Each beggar only has (at most) one potion of booze to give you. After that, they'll just tell you rumours about the game when you give them money. However, if you kill them off, new beggars will be generated, perhaps with new potions of booze. Sadly, beggars are lawful, and killing them makes you more chaotic - that's why you have a pet do the dirty work.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

Ah! Ok, thanks for clearing that up :-)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: