Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Eternium Man

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2003 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

Maybe not but they could suffer extra damage. I think it would be cool if it lowered their PV but I think that's not possible in ADOM.

RFE? Rust monsters hitting iron golems bypass PV/always hit criticals/something other neat? Also maybe throwing potions of water at them?

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/4/2003 at 06:39 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6506 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2003 at 15:37 (GMT -5)

Yeah, Good luck trying to get that into the bug database. TB just got back to me on a bug from 1.0.0 about throwing potions of -Stat- at monsters and making them stronger. Works with potions of speed, why not strength. :)

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7436 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2003 at 16:37 (GMT -5)

I just got emailed about bugreport too. It was about that stupid bug w/ Skilled & Very skilled talents, I haven't heard of anyone succesfully selecting those talents w/o crashing the game... It wasn't in the bug database yet, number 3555 now, but the website is down...

Icesus
Majin unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 19:29 (GMT -5)

i tried the eternium challenge a while ago and was lucky enough to get a L altar on the smc, gaining levels very slowley from saccing monsters, untill an undead wight came along and slaughtered me. i was about level 18 human barabrian.

And i tried it once more, again with a Human barbarian, who found a spear of vampirsm and was doing really well, 1/2 the map was full of green slimes (didnt corrode the weapon) and the other half was full of chaos rats. There was also a drakroom that id go into to heal and fight tough rats/slimes - healing upp with the vampyre spear (of course i went to c-)

food was no problem caus i was eating the chaos rat corpses (i had to, i didnt want to but thats all there was...), i was running back to the darkroom to heal up when a big superslime critically hit me, made me sick-stunned-bleeding and -41 hit points. I think he was about level 16ish
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7043 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 21:14 (GMT -5)

Bah... first attempt died at lvl 9 when my gnomish wizard left his coveted

dd#
dd######
d.d/@+
dd######
d #

position, and ventured among the blink dogs for food.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6720 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 08:59 (GMT -5)

I was lucky with a trollish barbarian (tactic was to find good stuff and not leveling too fast) found an altar, got neutral and I was doing fine. then... I found a secret door. the monster breeding wasn't too fast... alarm bells shoulda gone on, but noo... kicked through it and WHAM room full of yellow oozes. I was about level 9, and with some pathetic club, not doing enough damage to kill'em in one blow. that was that...

And my point was...
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7300 days, 18 hours, 40 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 at 06:17 (GMT -5)

I don't believe i've ever gotten past level 14 on Eternuium Man.

Actually, I believe that the last time I tried, a fairy dragon was generatedf in the cave at level 7 and I spent the rest of the time dodging it. Eventually got between it and a displacer beast.

F@...D
F@---D
F----D
You die.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1226 days, 1 hour, 48 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 at 12:14 (GMT -5)

Ironman challenge is a GREAT practice game. Also helps me to be less of a packrat :P

I mean you dont need gold, you dont need to pick up random stuff just to sell it. One question on the Ironman challenge though.

If you have explored the entire level but one darkroom, havent walked in and dont have a source of light, so you dont know EXACTLY where the stairs are...Do you have to walk in there and find them? Or can you wander round the level more?

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 02:43 (GMT -5)

I'd say you can wander around; but should note the fact that you did so on a victory post.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1226 days, 1 hour, 48 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

Oh believe me, the chances of my winning this challenge are very slim.

But id still like to stick to the rules for fun

Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 14:58 (GMT -5)

This is the dungeon in the bottom-right, correct?

I've had little success even getting a character there - they always get jumped by hordes of trolls and stuff.

~Kryllion~
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

Trolls?... umm... don't recall wilderness encounters with trolls, at least not for level 1 characters. Is it orcs you're referring to?

But it's not too hard to get to the ID; are you playing races with low perception, or starting a character on Friday the 13th (dooming increases wilderness encounters)? Try a ranger; they're generally good at avoiding wilderness encounters; or try a tough race like a troll or orc, which can generally survive them (don't recommend troll, though; food problems). Once you're in the ID you should be fine (well, until you get killed, of course; but that's to be expected).

Ideally, though, this challenge ought to be attempted without having had any wilderness encounters on the way to the ID.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 16:37 (GMT -5)

Ok, maybe Orcs. I didn't get the number on the truck.

~Kryllion~
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 07:57 (GMT -5)

A good char for the eternium quest is a high elven druid on the month a book. someone posted that they get high learning: 22-30.
They're easy because most monsters wont attack them and they have divine wrath.
For the Horde!
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 00:08 (GMT -5)

Somebody mentioned that it would be cool to see how far you can go in the ID, even with cheating... well, someone could design an Adom bot that goes down, explores, backs up the save file when stairs are found and restores the save file when he dies. Or, more cheatingly yet, one that reads a blessed scroll of magic mapping on the way down, restores the file, remembers where that was and teleports to that location. Just to see what the bottom limit is (if there is one).
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: