Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Selling stuff, being sick

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Todds
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at 13:40 (GMT -5)

how and where do i sell stuff. how do i get cured of sickness

Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

Drop stuff in a shop, if the shopkeeper wants it he'll let you know, otherwise he'll tell you to keep your junk.
Eat Curia Mancox (sp?) herb (uncursed or blessed), cast Cure Disease from book.
g biggs
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at 16:01 (GMT -5)

check out andy williams adom page on web for spoilers the best adom guide about
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

About sickness: don't eat kobolds of any type, they make you sick. You can also get cured by praying to your god but that might make him/her/it angry. Also I think zombie corpses make you sick, but could be that they only poison you or something...

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3761 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at 16:33 (GMT -5)

Sickness will wear off eventually; if you have no other choice, you have at least 30 HP left, and you have enough food, you can choose to wait it out.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Now that 30 is no special limit. Sometimes the sickness is more deadly than other times and sometimes you get to suffer from the 'one last major fever attack' which can prove deadly so esp. with weak chars it should be a high priority to get rid of sickness.

Also, beware if you drink from a pool and get sickness as those can be EXTREMELY deadly. I once got a sickness from a pool which took away 50-60 hit points with the small regular every-turn-till-you're-at-half-hp 'you are wrecked with feverish fists'(yeah whatever:). The last major fever attack did hundreds of damage(yes I got killed). Ah, really remembered me of the good old days when I preferred starving to eating a kobold corpse:) (note to newbies: in old versions sickness damage didn't stop at half your hp, it damaged you untill you died or it expired)

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3761 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 at 20:42 (GMT -5)

I should hope that by the time you're drinking from pools, you also have curaria mancox at hand...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5771 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

A few more points about sickness:

• Eating quasits, rabid dogs or any werecreature will also make you sick, and there's a small chance that being hit by a rat or corpse fiend will cause sickness.
  • The gods are pretty useless about curing sickness or poisoning, having an annoying tendency to restore your HP instead. Drinking a potion of healing will usually cure sickness. Jharod can also help.
  • Luck-related intrinsics have a big effect on the severity of sickness and how long it takes to wear off. I once trekked all the way from the HMV to Jharod, sick all the way, because my character was cursed.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: