Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Youve played too much adom...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

7573 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 15:12 (GMT -5)

...when you think artificial light can only come from a magical phial.

That isnt in the big long list is it?

My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

No, it isn't. A big long list can be found here, in the guidebook(surprise surprise!): http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adom-too-much.html :)

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

Dont you wish people would read the guidebook before asking questions that are outlined in detail in it?

My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

That would make this forum much more useless now wouldn't it?:) Also I guess I could wait for someone to ask a question(like where can I find a list for things you know you've played too much adom when...?) before I answer it:)

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 19:19 (GMT -5)

I guess it would make the forum pretty desolate. I would still say that there are worthwile threads that dont discuss noob matters though. Basically, it would just be more elite.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3761 days, 16 hours, 38 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 19:25 (GMT -5)

I don't mind discussing things found in the guidebook... usually the discussion expands to related matters that aren't in it. Then again, since I've never won fairly in two years of play, I'm kind of the professional newbie myself; I have a bit of sympathy for them! :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

7580 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 22:30 (GMT -5)

The guide that I have is like 100000000 pages long so i dont blame anyone that asks about something thats in it... =)

"What is this 'brain' that you speak of? Where can I get one?"
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
"You're still alive??!! But I paid them so much..."
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 03:47 (GMT -5)

Wheyon: Oh hell yeah, we want this forum to be 1337! :P

I really don't mind discussing things from the guidebook/directing people to it. What?(think SCSA:) People haven't read every page of the guidebook? Now everyone who hasn't done that go and learn the thing by heart.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/9/2003 at 03:50 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

Well, there is always CTRL+F :)

You don't have to read the whole thing to get the info you need.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/9/2003 at 08:48 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

Ya, if someone had a question, they could consult the guidebook before the experts. Knowing it like the palm of one's hand is only necessary if true adom skill is desired.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

And true ADoM skill is not guaranteed if one knows the guidebook like the palm of one's hand.

Exhibit A: Iridia, who can quote from the guidebook if necessary, but who has yet to have a character honestly reach level 30...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 17:55 (GMT -5)

I got lv. 21, and then executed myself by accident. I would have to say though, the guidebook did help to get me there. Before I read the guidebook, I never did anybetter than lv 13. thats a 38% increase in adom superiority!

Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 22:51 (GMT -5)

Lol... One time, I executed myself, i hated myself for it.

"The Lightning Bolt"

By Evan Ovadia, AKA Verdagon

It was a dark night, down in the CoC, and I had just descended a creaky staircase into a musty room. To my surpise, the room looked much like a library, books were on the walls. But to a closer inspection, I found that they were only stones... I found a corridor. I killed a orc scorcher with a firebolt, and kicked down a locked door into a room scattered with enemies. Easily killing them, I explored on. Then, to my great excitement, I felt a certain tension. A tension room! Yay! I love tension rooms! I kept exploring, opening more rooms, killing more bats and orcs and the such... until I stopped. I had searched the entire floor, with no sign of the tension room. Then it occurred to me... The magic map! I quickly cast the spell, and sure enough, right in front of me, was a secret door that was hidden from me. I knew this because there was a corridor on the exact opposite side of the wall, according to the magic map. I started bombarding the stone wall with kicks, and sure enough, the stone crumbled away to reveal a door. I opened it, excited about the tension room. But, it was just another corridor! So, getting my hopes up, I opened the door on the other side. To my suprise, it opened up to...

Another corridor! I opened the door at that one, and I was immediately engulfed by a swarm of hideous werewolves. Fearing their bites — which would turn ME into a werewolf — I quickly cast an improved fireball at the werewolf to my left, knowing I would be caught in the fiery blast. Doing so sacraficed 10 of my remaining 43 HP, but I wasnt worried. I LIVED for tension rooms. There were about 8 weres left. It was a 4x5 room, with the door at the bottom left, right below where I was standing. It looked like this.
######
#wwww#
#..ww#
#...w#
#@..w#
#/####

(I don't clearly remember what the werewolves looked like, so I marked them with w.s)

The situation looked hopeless... for the werewolves. Not knowing that this was the last tension room ever for my poor L21 GrayElf Wizard, I cast a Lightning bolt straight and true, towards the weak little werewolf lord in the top right. It went through a regular one, and killed it. Then it hit the werewolf lord, and didnt manage to kill it all the way. But then it reflected off the top right corner and killed him, yay! But, to my great suprise and grief, the bolt continued. Being powerless to stop it, I said my last words, before I was transformed into a rather large pile of ash........

| "He was killed by  |
  | his own spell, in  |
  | the accursed CoC." |
  |                    |
  | "His existence may |
  |have been cut short,|
  |but he will live on |
  | in our hearts..."  |

Thank you for kindly allowing me to tell my sad tale, of my noble friend, Alcagon, the gray elven wizard. (Tear falls from my eye)
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"

[Edited 5 times, last edit on 7/14/2003 at 23:23 (GMT -5) by Verdagon]
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

Werewolves are different shades of blue 'd' depending on wheter they're of the normal/lord/king type.

Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at 17:19 (GMT -5)

Ok. Like my story?

"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at 18:15 (GMT -5)

A sadly common tale...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 at 19:20 (GMT -5)

As common as it might be, it is still heartbreaking...

"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7102 days, 4 hours, 53 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

Yes its very heartbreaking when something like that happens...

*sniff*.........lavos..................i'll never forget you.

*sniff*

(:

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: