Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / How to keep Mindcrafters alive

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

Verdagon said:

"What is so good about a mindcrafter, and how do i survive in the start of the game? The only way i've ever gotten past level 10 is being a troll, but i'd like a human mindcrafter. How do i survive with him?"

Very carefully :P Mindcrafters in high levels are very powerful, but hard to start with:

Spoiler
If in doubt, confuse it and run away.

Get a source of Teleport or teleportitis ASAP; you already have TC.

Develop melee weapon skills; unlike a magic-user, you can't "cast" from HP, and you still need to deal with undead/chaos/mindless creatures. Swords are a good idea, since the Sword of Nonnak will give you +5 WI.

Keep spenseweed with you at all times.

If you get a good missile weapon, use it. You'll need it.

Watch out for chaos creatures, insects, and undead; but remember that telekinetic stuff will work on them without damaging you, since it's physical force and not mental contact.

Keep piety high and don't be afraid to pray if necessary.

Blessed 7LB will save your life multiple times. Get them ASAP.

Willpower is all-important. Use the appropriate herbs and potions. Toughness helps, too.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

7586 days, 3 hours, 54 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 18:00 (GMT -5)

Alright, thanks iridia.

"What is this 'brain' that you speak of? Where can I get one?"
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
"You're still alive??!! But I paid them so much..."
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1666 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

One day, I'll come back to ADOM (as I'm immersed in Morrowind right now) and try that stuff. Thanks Iridia.

Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7544 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 at 08:51 (GMT -5)

Use the First Aid skill whenever possible. As said already, confuse and run may save many mindcrafters early on.

If you know of a tension room, and are already behind the door of it, blast them with confusion first (although there might be undead/chaos/mindless), it often gives a good edge to the combat.
Also, use the confusion strikes as much as you can early on, they make fights a LOT easier.

MC are pretty powerful, but they can make the start of the game very annoying. But hard work gives great pay, and high level MCs are fun to play. The key here like with the thieves is to keep trying.

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

7586 days, 3 hours, 54 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 22:35 (GMT -5)

Ive BEEN trying and god is it making me sick... But thanks to my usual save-scumming, I'm at L8! I'm so proud of myself...

Thanks for all the tips, ppl

"What is this 'brain' that you speak of? Where can I get one?"
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
"You're still alive??!! But I paid them so much..."
qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7407 days, 7 hours, 3 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 04:46 (GMT -5)

Playing mindcrafter is not that difficult as it may seem. First of all, enter the small cave and try to find the stair. I you fail, try again. Secondly, complete the elder's quest. ( Don't even think of trying to do the tiny girl's quest )
If you haven't found at least a large shield, then you're in trouble. Important: ALWAYS TRAIN SHIELDS. It's the only way I know to make mindcarafter well - protected. Try to find an altar. ( There is always one in the non-descript cave - i mean the one with cute dog ). Make yourself a champion by sacrificing monsters ( it takes not longer than half an hour. Once I managed to do it on level 8 ). You should get Robes Of Resisitance. Now your PV is at least 10. On the level, where cute dog is, you should find some good stuff. Now go to the small cave. There should be some easy mosters already generated on your way to the stair, so that won't be no trouble. Since you've reached the stair, you're about to find lots of useful items. General: !1.Before you do anything: THINK. Mostly there is always some way out.
2. Scan your backpack for forgotten wands e.t.c. 3. If your opponent has high PV, undress( take everything you wear off ), confuse him and...
4. Mindcrafter is the best character to defeat single, but extremely powerful monsters.
5. Before your final fight on the arena, find a ring of cold, because you may face one of the Li H*n Kai mages.
6. When fighting on the arena with a non-mage, confuse him and attack with mind blasts. Then run away and reg. your mana. You will regenerate your mana faster than your opponent will do it with his HP.
7. Always regenerate your health to maximum. There are always some nasty traps generated.
8. and so on...
"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7407 days, 7 hours, 3 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 05:02 (GMT -5)

And I've forgot about one thing. Being born in the month of Candle *REALLY* helps
"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5037 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 at 09:57 (GMT -5)

I think that he's been gone from this forum for a long time already :P

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1666 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

you know what's sad? I said I was immersed in Morrowind in July and I still am.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5676 days, 30 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 at 05:37 (GMT -5)

Just goes to show how good of a game it is. Haven't played it myself though, and it might be a bit too complicated/large for me. I'm not that hardcore rolegamer.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: